• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not as gloomy as when we were bottom of league two with a manager on a two year rolling contract and 3 home wins in the calender year. That was a low point. This run of games was often fobbed off under Tisdale and he would usually have a run of 10 games without winning too. It's not time to hit the panic button yet, we have the playerd and ability to play good football and a young manager in his first season. Let's not be kneejerking about doom and gloom and believe in what we have. I think we have a run of "easier games" and shoul be notching some points up again by Christmas. Either way Taylor has this season as an experience building and learning curve, we won't be near the bottom but maybe expecting promotion from a rookie is too much.
I agree in every way with this, and people need to remember how dire it was, bar for one thing - Tisdale had already proven himself with the back-to-back promotions etc., whereas Taylor has no pedigree, and that is more of a worry, especially when you remember how it went for Sir Rob at Tranmere

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
We seem to be a bit on the back foot away from home..
We’ve gone back to that “stay in the game” tactic in the first half away from home and it’s not working!

fred binneys head

Is there, I wasn't aware of a horrible sinking feeling about the club but hey if that's what you want to look for knock yourself out.
I agree, there’s no such thing, we’re just going through a bad patch.

We’ll be fine though - in King Matt we Trust.

geoffwp

- in King Matt we Trust.
You may well do. Personally i want proof first.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yup, there is a horrible sinking feeling about the club at the moment.
Any chance you are capable of putting any meat on the bone with regards to this comment ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally i want proof first.
How does one get to that point ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Taylor mentioned in his post match interview that he is going to get players in the January window.
Plenty of games before though. These players are going to have to pull us through.

geoffwp

How does one get to that point ?
I guess what I'm saying is that while i support the manager and accept he is on a learning curve, trust is something I withhold until I am satisfied that learning really is happening and that we really do have the best man for the job. That currently is an unknown. I shall wait and see.

flakey pasty

Not tetchy at all, I guess I just don't rate your opinion much.
I think I preferred you when you were IMissMoxey. Shame you haven't grown up much.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think I preferred you when you were IMissMoxey. Shame you haven't grown up much.
I didn't need to, I'm content with who I am, thanks for your concern though.

What is the horrible sinking feeling about the club ?