• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread.

scottus86

We need to get on the ball in their half. We rush everything and rather than playing in small spaces we spray cross field balls which if lofted in the air for a long time are just as easy to defend as long balls. We need to be quicker and sharper. We have the players on the field to do it, they are just wasting possession though. Seems to be the same every week.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ollie notches for Brentford again....

PeteUSA

Commentators: "Christy Pym, he was motionless, there was nothing he could have done anyway"! My Arse! Somethings up with him, it was a good well placed shot, but he could have done better with it than watch it pass him!! :mad:

Stelios

We need to get on the ball in their half. We rush everything and rather than playing in small spaces we spray cross field balls which if lofted in the air for a long time are just as easy to defend as long balls. We need to be quicker and sharper. We have the players on the field to do it, they are just wasting possession though. Seems to be the same every week.
This is our season summed up in a nutshell. We all keep saying we have the players to play better but we just aren't doing it. So either they're being instructed not to or they're not following instructions.

Either way it's worrying because it's not changing.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
From behind the goal there was nothing that Pym could have done.

IndoMike

Ollie notches for Brentford again....
v Grimes and Swansea. Bees on downward spiral after losing manager to Villa. Just 3 points above relegation zone.

scottus86

This is our season summed up in a nutshell. We all keep saying we have the players to play better but we just aren't doing it. So either they're being instructed not to or they're not following instructions.

Either way it's worrying because it's not changing.
I understood the drop in form during the injuries and illness spell, but the last 2 or 3 weeks we have just looked aimless. There's no ideas or creativity. I feel like we spend too much time in training trying to cut out poor defensive mistakes without any focus on attacking and opening up defences. Do we have an attacking coach? I think we might need one.

STURTZ

Norman P Collier.

Stelios

I understood the drop in form during the injuries and illness spell, but the last 2 or 3 weeks we have just looked aimless. There's no ideas or creativity. I feel like we spend too much time in training trying to cut out poor defensive mistakes without any focus on attacking and opening up defences. Do we have an attacking coach? I think we might need one.
Yes the Forte/Brown/Boateng/Pym injuries then 'illness' knocked us for six (fair enough). But since then it's been pretty desperate stuff on the whole. I do think we have the players to do it but without Boateng there is no drive/energy. We have to pass shorter and quicker and stop the hoofing. We don't ask enough questions. It's too easy for the oppo who then build up more and more pressure. We need 10 minute spells where we turn the oppo and make them panic/think but it's all so pedestrian.

STURTZ

Wrong to rely so much on Boateng, after all earlier this season there were a lot of people on here saying he wasn't very good!