• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale V Taylor

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe I should have done!!

Maybe the question is a little too abstract!

I believe Tisdale was ousted. Ok not literally, and he didn’t have to leave, but he left (I think)
because he got upset by (some) of the fans attitudes to him

I do admire the total lack of looking back at the past that people display on here. Although it never hurts to reflect on things a little.
He went because his gigantic ego was punctured. He knew he was no longer fire proof or able to do whatever he wanted to do and that if he had stayed would, just like any other manager, be held accountable for his team’s performances.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
He went for whatever reasons any individual wishes to ascribe to him. The way he is seen on here covers a huge range of opinion and nothing will ever change how all those individuals see it. Probably only Tis and his family know the actual truth of it.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I’ve never know a manager devide opinion so much, it’s conmon knowledge I was never his biggest fan, i respected him for the promotions but his personality and management style wasn’t for me....

It’s about opinions in the end of the day & MK dons have got a good manager at this level who will most likely get them promoted.

IndoMike

Maybe I should have done!!

Maybe the question is a little too abstract!

I believe Tisdale was ousted. Ok not literally, and he didn’t have to leave, but he left (I think)

I do admire the total lack of looking back at the past that people display on here. Although it never hurts to reflect on things a little.
Mate, that's a huge contradiction to say he was ousted and then say he didn't have to leave. He said he was offered a better contract by City but rejected it, which he was entitled to do. I think he left because he realized his days of untouchability were over, because he (presumably) got a much better offer from MKD, and because Dons could give a better playing budget (also presumably).

haka

The problem with so many of these discussions is that they make it seem like everyone has to be in either Team Tisdale or Team Taylor, which most people probably aren't. My tuppence:

1. Tisdale was a successful ECFC manager, for long periods. History should never be rewritten.
2. For another long period he wasn't successful.
3. He antagonised a lot of fans for reasons that had nothing to do with league position (and IMO don't matter much, but to each his own).
4. It was probably better for all parties that he left, and it was still handled a lot better than the usual "Half time safe, Full time sacked" for manager departures. Does anyone wish we were Notts County?
5. He will probably succeed at MK, and I couldn't care much either way.

But the main point now is ...

6. Matt Taylor deserves a full two years before even talking about any change. Time to learn, time to buy and sell. Good luck to him.

Last edited:

eurogrecian

The problem with so many of these discussions is that they make it seem like everyone has to be in either Team Tisdale or Team Taylor, which most people probably aren't. My tuppence:

1. Tisdale was a successful ECFC manager, for long periods. History should never be rewritten.
2. For another long period he wasn't successful.
3. He antagonised a lot of fans for reasons that had nothing to do with league position (and IMO don't matter much, but to each his own).
4. It was probably better for all parties that he left, and it was still handled a lot better than the usual "Half time safe, Full time sacked" for manager departures. Does anyone wish we were Notts County?
5. He will probably succeed at MK, and I couldn't care much either way.

But the main point now is ...

6. Matt Taylor deserves a full two years before even talking about any change. Time to learn, time to buy and sell. Good luck to him.
Great summary. Thread closed. Time to move on.

Ashford Grecian

He left primarily because there was a "witch hunt" which started sometime before his actual departure...

DB9

He left primarily because there was a "witch hunt" which started sometime before his actual departure...
Really? Please tell us more

STURTZ

Tisdale was embroiled into Exeter city, no manager staying at a single club for 11 years could fail to, the turbulent times enjoyed/endured only adds to the emotions all parties felt for the man. After such an un naturally long period cracks in approach/personality were bound to become apparent. Concerns at fan level became concerns at board level and Tisdale decided it was time to go, probably the best for everyone, no disrespect here. It was a good period for City, all those Wembley visits and promotions were ace.

Think he'll do well wherever he goes.

Last edited:

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lest we forget:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26545277

22nd in League 2 in March was entirely unacceptable.

Yes, he turned it around eventually, however perhaps more because of the Grimeo millions than anything else