• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Transfers, in/outs Summer of 2018

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was that prior to James and Harley leaving ?
Nope, was tonight at Bideford. His Q&A was live streamed on twitter.

Last edited:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor has said we're looking at 1 or 2 more permanent signings. A centre half and maybe a midfielder. Also said he'll use the loan market for a right back and a winger (Wilson and Edwards if we can get them back).
A few problems at West Brom just now, it seems.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44765524

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was my first thought but also didn't see Jake Taylor so suspect it's just a case of the camera not picking them up.

I'm most curious at the player between Jay and Moxey at 0:19 on the video:
[video=youtube;YlcgnEJ_gbA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlcgnEJ_gbA&t=0s[/video]

No number on his training gear and I can't pin his face to one of our players. Perhaps a trialist?
My detective work has come up with Jimmy Oates.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
My detective work has come up with Jimmy Oates.
Hereford FC captain apparently. 26 years old and still contracted there so maybe we’d need to pay a fee?

He playing right back tonight but can also play centre back.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
26 years old and still contracted there so maybe we’d need to pay a fee?
Just signed a new deal!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just signed a new deal!
Perhaps he has a JMT style clause in it!

Intheknow84

Scott Wagstaff close to joining. City nearly signed him a few years ago but went elsewhere.
Could be announced by Thurs

Slogger

Thought McAlinden had been released by us turns out the reason he was excluded for all those months was because he turned down a new 2yr contact back in January, we took him to heart in household thought he was fantastic at the start of last season, acording to my snitch lol it was all down to the way he a Ruben were being treated by Tisdale as I mentioned in an early post shockingly apparently. We should have held on to McA in my opinion looking back at the games he did well in he offers so much going forward , he never seemed to get a fair run after the Ruben fiasco.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Scott Wagstaff close to joining. City nearly signed him a few years ago but went elsewhere.
Would be fantastic if true

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Always sounded a decent player but only five games for Gillingham last season - injured or out of favour?

Given your recent record on signings I'm taking this one very seriously...!