• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Loan watch (2017/18)

chunkymorrinmunter

Can anyone fill in the details re Joel.?I see from the official site that he's still part of the U18s. Was he then too young to turn pro in the summer or is he a first year pro?

Not sure about details on official site. Apparently he's 117 years old and born on New Years Day, like all the other youngsters...
Not quite match fit at 117 years old

RyanPugh

Not quite match fit at 117 years old
Just the sort of criteria Tis is looking for

Red Bill

Its so good getting EGs reports, so thank you to him (her?) for putting the time in and producing these excellent reports.

Does anyone know where the rumours about Egan signing permanently for Dorchester have come from? It seems strange that there's been nothing from either club and in the little bits of him I've seen, as I've said before, I thought he looked very promising. I remember talking to Matt Oakley about him at a PSF at Taunton the summer before last(?), and he very clearly rated him. Of course it could simply be that as with many other youngsters, he just hasn't progressed as expected, but he seems to have done very well at Dorchester, so a young attacking right back like him would I would have thought been worth giving a bit more time. We're not exactly falling over right backs at present.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Its so good getting EGs reports, so thank you to him (her?) for putting the time in and producing these excellent reports.

Does anyone know where the rumours about Egan signing permanently for Dorchester have come from? It seems strange that there's been nothing from either club and in the little bits of him I've seen, as I've said before, I thought he looked very promising. I remember talking to Matt Oakley about him at a PSF at Taunton the summer before last(?), and he very clearly rated him. Of course it could simply be that as with many other youngsters, he just hasn't progressed as expected, but he seems to have done very well at Dorchester, so a young attacking right back like him would I would have thought been worth giving a bit more time. We're not exactly falling over right backs at present.
As to Kyle Egan, he doesn't appear to be listed as an ECFC player on the website any more.

A couple of items to put his promise and ability into perspective. He's been playing this season for a club toward the bottom of a league three divisions below League Two. When Kane Wilson (two years younger) is available Kyle wasn't getting into the starting line up for our U23s - either at full back or in midfield.

When I saw him earlier this season you could see his ability going forward. But he was prone to the occasional potentially costly mistake. He also didn't seem ready for the physical demands of League Two.

Its disappointing but not every one of the youngsters will make it; he may yet still come good but at best wouldn't be up to league Two for quite some while.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Josh Key has gone on loan to Bideford.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

denzel

Hamon had an absolute mare yesterday

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/match-centre/1-2850735

Pete - look away now!

Saint James

Pete - look away now!
Not sure his team mates will be passing back to him anytime soon on that showing :)

Alistair20000

Worthy of a trip to the Feckin' Dire thread. (facepalm)

andrew p long

Pete - look away now!
Phew! It looks as if Pete USA hasn't seen this yet. Shall we just keep it to this thread and ourselves for now?