• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v FGR FA Cup 2nd Rnd Replay MDT.

A Slacker

Presumably Tillson got his arse kicked righteously by all and sundry in the changing room afterwards for two frankly ridiculous challenges. To be honest he should have been booked twice for each foul: once for the challenge and once for the sheer stupidity. The second one especially was particularly dim witted. I hope Tisdale leaves him in the stands for the next couple of games - idiocy on that scale has no place on a football pitch.
Totally agree. Brainless. Equally brainless was Stockley's wrestling match in the penalty area with their big left back. He was very fortunate not to see red.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Totally agree. Brainless. Equally brainless was Stockley's wrestling match in the penalty area with their big left back. He was very fortunate not to see red.
That number 6 was a nightmare ! Stockley was pulled around everywhere by him loads of times and the ref did nothing about it.

As I said earlier she should have gone 20 minutes before he finally was.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
The first half was certainly painful to watch but a bit of reflection overnight has tempered my frustration.

FGR's passing looked good but we gave them a yard of space on the ball to make choices. That seemed to be deliberate on our part with the defensive midfield stopping them doing anything meaningful with all that possession. Two of the goals in the first match were down to being skinned and beaten for pace so maybe the choice was to cut channels rather than risk being turned due to an unsuccessful challenge.

FGR also looked heavy legged as the second half went on and our three subs were able to capitalise on that.

Fine margins 'though - and only 5 minutes from the shoot out lottery.

Still perturbed by how static we look at times and would love to see some moments where we have players ready to make runs and create options when the ball is in the opponents half (like we had in the purple patch last season). Here's a taste - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQiHHPZpAJY

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

STURTZ

Nothing should detract from the fact that we were 1 0 down with 10 men for a long period, booed off at half time and still managed to pull back and win the tie. Tremendous effort.

malcolms

Sorry if I've missed it, but has anyone (Pete) commented on Christy Pym's 'attempt' to save their penalty?

elginCity

Sorry if I've missed it, but has anyone (Pete) commented on Christy Pym's 'attempt' to save their penalty?
You just did. A shocking ‘attempt’ wasn’t it ?

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great diving header from stockley. Scenes.

Poor foul from Tilson, deserved to go. Doige dived for their penalty but the defender shouldn't have given him the opportunity, he had over run it and was never going to score.

iscalad

Great diving header from stockley. Scenes.

Poor foul from Tilson, deserved to go. Doige dived for their penalty but the defender shouldn't have given him the opportunity, he had over run it and was never going to score.
No he didn't JMT clearly pulled him back by the arm.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
No he didn't JMT clearly pulled him back by the arm.
As I said - no complaints about the pen, but Doidge fell in the wrong direction in making sure the ref knew he was fouled.