• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v FGR FA Cup 2nd Rnd Replay MDT.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our team is poor and I doubt we will get anything but a sound thrashing by West Brom, but tonight at least showed that there is still some guts to the team.
Certainly, in recent weeks we haven't been great, but I'm not sure I'd agree our team is poor. Rather, for whatever reason, right now it is adding up to significantly less than the sum of its parts.

Steve Moran3

Game changed when Harley Boateng and Edwards were all on. From that point we actually had someone on the pitch who doesn’t think the ball is a hot potato and wanted it to feet - and kept possession, Boateng also but with drive forward too and Edwards who absolutely terrified them. Bemused at our starting midfield. Stockley got the winner, ran his nuts off but didn’t win a single header and around me people were calling for Reid to replace him (just before he scored! What do we know!). JMT please someone tell him to give an easy ball to someone else who can actually pass rather than hoofing it to nobody at regular intervals. Best 3 City players tonight were the 3 subs that says it all about the starting 11. James got mom- a lot of ale must have been consumed by whoever made that decision!

Well-known Exeweb poster
good to see danny seaborne get some game time, how did he do ?

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can't agree with this. There was no imminent danger when Tillson poleaxed the FGR player on the halfway line and, that being the case, no cause whatsoever for him to make a challenge which could easily have resulted in a straight red. I can only think his frustration at our ineptitude – up until that point – got the better of him.
It did have frustration written all over it but i'm not convinced it would have been a straight red but, having been booked, he made it an easy decision for the ref.

You probably had a much better view of it than i did if you were in your normal seat but, i think, at least with two yellows than a straight red the ban won't be the same.

LOG

Seemed to be under orders not to leave our defensive half and to just boot it when he had the ball. Didn't do anything wrong as such though.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The stats of the FGR player who got sent off, Emmanuel Monthe, are rather curious.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=75406

Monthe started just seven games in almost three years, for Southport, Hayes and Yeading, Havant and Waterlooville, and Bath City, before signing for FGR, where he has been pretty much ever present this

Last edited:

Rog H K

It did have frustration written all over it but i'm not convinced it would have been a straight red but, having been booked, he made it an easy decision for the ref.

You probably had a much better view of it than i did if you were in your normal seat but, i think, at least with two yellows than a straight red the ban won't be the same.
Straight red in my view. And I'm the most bias City fan in the world.

Oldsmobile-88

Looked a bit rusty...His hair is a nice chestnut colour now..

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42333302

Here you go

Looking at their pen again their player certainly made the most of it seeing as ours were getting pulled every which way inside the box , just a pity Pym wasn't able to get down a fraction earlier.
Tilson silly bugger and not needed but again their player not reacting til after the incident makes him look stupid , Monthe deserved his card ( all but it should have been earlier)

The 3 subs made the difference and onwards to WBA.

AndrewP

In Tisdales post match online (poor sound quality AGAIN! - why can we not do these things in a quiet area with half decent audio standards!! - vert unprofessional)..He talks about the contribution from Oaklley, Taylor, Tilson in the decision making processes during the game.... I understand it was the subs what done it fur us.... Perhaps another illustration that our manager is not as clever as he thinks he is..