• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vrs Crewe Matchday Thread 16/09/17

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Made it look easy. For me we have a league one team playing a division below - that's the gap in class. Great stuff.

New song started to take on a bit...for anyone who cares the words are...

Have you seen / the local lads in our football team / they love the red and white /our academy's dynamite...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Made it look easy. For me we have a league one team playing a division below - that's the gap in class. Great stuff.

Have you seen / the local lads in our football team / they love the red and white /our academy's dynamite...
1 2 3 4 ...?

Exehausted

Having seen the highlights, surely Stockley didn't get anywhere near the third goal. I thought that seeing it live, he didn't celebrate as if he had touched it. It looks to me like the goalie got a touch possibly. A chap who sits three seats from me was celebrating his 71st birthday today and started watching City when he was 6, 65 seasons ago. In the 89/90 season he celebrated his 1,000th City match and he is now approaching number 2,000 . I said " a good start to the season" he said " In 65 seasons I haven't seen a better one, even 89/90 didn't start this well" That is some statement from a man who watches City home and away nearly every game. Happy birthday Francis.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Having seen the highlights, surely Stockley didn't get anywhere near the third goal. I thought that seeing it live, he didn't celebrate as if he had touched it. It looks to me like the goalie got a touch possibly. A chap who sits three seats from me was celebrating his 71st birthday today and started watching City when he was 6, 65 seasons ago. In the 89/90 season he celebrated his 1,000th City match and he is now approaching number 2,000 . I said " a good start to the season" he said " In 65 seasons I haven't seen a better one, even 89/90 didn't start this well" That is some statement from a man who watches City home and away nearly every game. Happy birthday Francis.
From the highlights it definitely looks like Jake's goal and at the time it looked like the keeper tried to punch it clear but the ball flicked off his fist.

What a start to the season indeed. The Championship season in 89/90 started well but we did lose on the road at least once in the first 8 games (away at Burnley I think) plus we drew 0-0 vs Carlisle at SJP.

Ps I love Lee Holmes.

Coppers

Sue's home baked cakes made the win even more special 😃

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
A very good performance . Crewe had some threat up front missing a decent chance right at the start and had some decent pressure early in the second but we again worked hard at the back. Crewe's defence looked shaky however, partly down to the way we played. Mcalinden should have had at least one, Reid, Holmes and Sweeney could also have added goals off the top of my head.

Think we will have tougher matches but the confidence is something to behold when you consider the starting eleven played quite a bit in the first half of last season when we sometimes looked out of ideas. We just have to try and keep things ticking along. Will be fantastic if we can keep the winning run going past the next two matches , but we will surely drop points at some stage. The test will be how we react if we get a bad result or two. Very promising however presently with stockley boateng and Moxey still to start and no appearance at all from the loanees without even thinking about needing support from Harley, brunt, and Simpson.

Exehausted

Sue's home baked cakes made the win even more special ��
The cakes certainly helped as well as the shop bought short bread!

fred binneys head

What's the tune?

Pete Martin (CTID)

Mcalinden should have had at least one, Reid, Holmes and Sweeney could also have added goals off the top of my head.
That would have been worth seeing. I didn't know you were playing though? :D

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
That would have been worth seeing. I didn't know you were playing though? :D
Genius. Made I laugh a lot. :D