• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

wembley sunday 28th

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you're catching the 0919 train up to Paddington and the 1928 back to Exeter, you should be aware that there is no reserved seating.
I wish I had read that before I wasted half an hour or so going down to St Davids to betold exactly that.

Red Nose

Has anyone driven on previous visits? I need to be at Heathrow T4 for a 21:20 flight, with check-in closing at 20:20. I think I have plenty of time - it's only 13 miles, but can anyone who went by road in '07 or '08 advise approximately what time you were back on the M4? Cheers

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone driven on previous visits? I need to be at Heathrow T4 for a 21:20 flight, with check-in closing at 20:20. I think I have plenty of time - it's only 13 miles, but can anyone who went by road in '07 or '08 advise approximately what time you were back on the M4? Cheers
You'll have plenty of time even after all the celebrations, don't worry. Perhaps park at the station adjacent to the A40 (Hillingdon?) and get the Met line in from there. From Hillingdon station it's about a 15-20 minute drive down the A40/A312/A4 to Heathrow.

Incidentally I've had the weekend travel info through and there's no Central Line running this weekend - not sure if this will affect anyone's plans.

Bexster

Incidentally I've had the weekend travel info through and there's no Central Line running this weekend - not sure if this will affect anyone's plans.
There are also closures on the Overground trains to Wembley. We were travelling up from Shepherd's Bush, and a 19 minute direct rail journey has turned into a 45 minute trek across the underground.

LOG

We have delays on the Temple Meads to Paddington leg adding about half an hour to that journey but the total journey still seems to give the same arrival at Wembley time.

denzel

You'll have plenty of time even after all the celebrations, don't worry. Perhaps park at the station adjacent to the A40 (Hillingdon?) and get the Met line in from there. From Hillingdon station it's about a 15-20 minute drive down the A40/A312/A4 to Heathrow.

Eh? No problem with the Central Line this weekend. Only closures are District Line (Wimbledon branch), parts of the DLR and some overground services towards Liverpool Street

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks like it might rain during the match, according to the BBC weather forecast.

Red Devon

Looks like it might rain during the match, according to the BBC weather forecast.
Still talking about 25c though.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Eh? No problem with the Central Line this weekend. Only closures are District Line (Wimbledon branch), parts of the DLR and some overground services towards Liverpool Street
I bungled big time - it's just Chancery Lane that's closed all weekend.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member