• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

wembley sunday 28th

Fareham Grecian

Both our previous Wembley visits, I drove to Gerrard's Cross and parked at the station. Free on a Sunday - or at least used to be. Mainline train straight to the stadium, and not many people go that way so much easier leaving the stadium than for those heading towards town.

Athelstan

All trains on a Sunday go to Wembley as they are on the Met line. The Piccadilly line only stops at these two stations Mon to Fri.
Piccadilly line trains do run on the Uxbridge branch on Sundays and have done for quite a few years now, but they are easy to tell apart from the much bigger Metropolitan line trains.

Chiltern Railways will be running an amended timetable on 28th May due to the play-off final, with many trains stopping additionally at Wembley Stadium. If this link works, here is the amended timetable for that day:

https://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/sites/default/files/Sunday-28-May-London-HighWycombe-Oxford-Birmingham.pdf

A Slacker

In previous years I have parked at Denham and got the Chiltern Line in which has worked well. This time as I am staying in Osterley (watching the Chiefs the day before) I thought I might drive up towards Wembley. It is a risk but it is a Sunday and the public transport journey from Osterley to Wembley is stupid. Anyone got any parking tips please?

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unable to travel by any of the coaches that may be going --I am finding myself driving by car

Anyone with any SENSIBLE suggestions how to get to wembley without driving through London.
i.e park & tube?
Previously I've driven up to Uxbridge and caught the tube in from there. If you want to avoid driving into any part of London, try the new Oxford Parkway station which runs direct to Wembley Stadium on the Marylebone line although having just read the linkon one of the previous posts that may not be such a good idea. I was told by my Uncle that's how he got in for the Conference play-offs last week.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Previously I've driven up to Uxbridge and caught the tube in from there. .
Yep..I have done that..No residents parking on a Sunday near the tube station (well,not the last time we visited Wembley )

Athelstan

It is a risk but it is a Sunday and the public transport journey from Osterley to Wembley is stupid.
Have you considered getting the Piccadilly line to Sudbury Town station from Osterley? Sudbury Town is less than two miles from Wembley Stadium, so is walkable if you are able or alternatively there are plenty of buses that run along Harrow Road. I know a lot of people use Sudbury Town when going to and from England games, as although it is a bit further from the 'recommended' stations it is consequently much less crowded. The tube journey from Osterley to Sudbury Town takes only about half an hour (changing once at Acton Town).

My sister and nephew, neither of whom eat bricks for breakfast, walked to Sudbury Town from the stadium after a recent England match and found it very straightforward.

manc grecian

If I remember correctly, one of our posters cars broke down in the Hillingdon car park and had to call out a break down service. Manc possibly being that man?
Blimey you've got a good memory. Rounded off the day nicely after getting beat by morecambe

LOG

Blimey you've got a good memory. Rounded off the day nicely after getting beat by morecambe
When we played Charlton in the FA Cup we went in a friend's car which was, shall we say, not very well maintained. It started to make some very unhealthy noises about 30 miles out of Exeter and we ended up abandoning it in Woking then getting the train figuring that we'd worry about it later. The trip home wasn't exactly smooth going.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
A fairly easy trip but slightly out of the way would be to go round the M25 to St Albans or Luton Airport Parkway, then thameslink to West Hampstead, swap to the tube there (via the pub natch) and its 5 mins on the Met line to Wembley Park.

That's what I'll be doing albeit from further north.

Swanaldo

We parked at Ickenham station and got a direct underground from there. You could pre-book the parking.
Shhh. That's what I was planning. Being a Sunday, parking on nearby residential streets shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Edit: Thanks to Exehausted, who I see has covered this Exehaustively.

Last edited: