• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Typical E&E

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Story in the E&E about a Chief's player urinating in a shop window while dressed as a policeman!
That's news!!! Everyday occurrence, surely.

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/exeter-chiefs-player-issued-with-warning-after-urinating-on-shop-window-while-dressed-as-policeman/story-30099903-detail/story.html

Last edited:

Andy Holloway

No apologies for bringing this up again, but it is reported in this weeks 'Mid Devon Gazette' under the headline; "Severe crash was caused by footballer", followed by a photo of Ingram playing for Willand Rovers. After just over 2 columns of the item, including what his defence brief said, you finally come to the last sentence, about 15 words, where it briefly mentions that he had been an apprentice at ECFC.

The funny thing is that nowhere in his defence was it ever reported that he had any recent connections with ECFC!

Colesman Ballz

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've just this minute checked E&E sport on my phone And I see there are 11 articles about City while there are only 3 concerning the Chiefs ... and some of you all feel hard done by and wallowing in self-pity.

The Chiefs run a very tight ship concerning players behaviour. I imagine that if Elvis Taione was sacked there would those complaining that the Chiefs had left him jobless and a long way from his home in Tonga.

Then there is former Chief's Player Nemani Nadola. This bloke was a hulking great 6' 5" / 20st 7lbs Winger who was found guilty of drink driving. For this, no messing about, he was sacked - vamoose - gone.

Which brings me to City 'keeper Nick Jordan. Towards the end of 2008 he was done for drink driving when he collided with a car near Honiton that left 3 people injured. Apparently he was nearly twice over the limit. Exeter City bosses say Jordan was "foolish and stupid" to drink-drive but have pledged to stand by the teenager as the accident hasn't affected his ability to work.

Good job he didn't have a pee afterwards.

grecIAN Harris

I think the point you're missing Stuffy is the relevance to City or the Chiefs with these headlines. If the person concerned is a current player then you attach the club into the headline but when it's a former player or, in the more recent cases where they've used City, it's been an ex-youth team player who hasn't even got close to the first team where is the need to attach the club. It's there to catch the eye and nothing more.

Antony Moxey

No apologies for bringing this up again, but it is reported in this weeks 'Mid Devon Gazette' under the headline; "Severe crash was caused by footballer", followed by a photo of Ingram playing for Willand Rovers. After just over 2 columns of the item, including what his defence brief said, you finally come to the last sentence, about 15 words, where it briefly mentions that he had been an apprentice at ECFC.

The funny thing is that nowhere in his defence was it ever reported that he had any recent connections with ECFC!
Why is he described as a footballer? Sure, it's something he does in his spare time but it's not his current occupation. I like to ride a bike so if I was arrested for, say, getting in a fight in a nightclub would I be described as a cyclist?

fred binneys head

No:

"Exeter City thug arrested after nightclub brawl"

Antony Moxey

No:

"Exeter City thug arrested after nightclub brawl"
Err, that's kind of exactly my point.

fred binneys head

Err, that's kind of exactly my point.
I was trying to be lighthearted by taking your point and giving it a little twist - you thought they would refer to you as a cyclist, demonstrating the absurdity of referring to you by reference to something you did in your spare time. I brought it back to the Echo-always-bashing-City monologue in a neat way, which was intended to raise a smile for 32% of the people who read the thread.

Anyway, I think it's disgraceful that you fight in nightclubs and you should be ashamed, cyclist or not.

Fareham Grecian

I was trying to be lighthearted by taking your point and giving it a little twist - you thought they would refer to you as a cyclist, demonstrating the absurdity of referring to you by reference to something you did in your spare time. I brought it back to the Echo-always-bashing-City monologue in a neat way, which was intended to raise a smile for 32% of the people who read the thread.

Anyway, I think it's disgraceful that you fight in nightclubs and you should be ashamed, cyclist or not.
Another winner fred