• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Typical E&E

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quite so Ian, but the still very little to get anyone (like Andy) jumping up and down.
I can understand his sense of sarcasm. Tis, Perryman and Taggy will get blamed by some on here at the moment regardless of how much control they have or don't over any given situation be it justified or not.

PeteUSA

I can understand his sense of sarcasm. Tis, Perryman and Taggy will get blamed by some on here at the moment regardless of how much control they have or don't over any given situation be it justified or not.
I dont know about sarcasm mate, but I think its pretty safe to say the club has almost total control about what the E&E publish about important stuff like 'Tisdales contract apparently not being renegotiated' when the paper suggested that it would be.

Fareham Grecian

I think its pretty safe to say the club has almost total control about what the E&E publish about important stuff.
I know you don't like being challenged, but do you have any evidence for this at all?

edindevon

I agree that theres not a lot to complain about from an Exeter City standpoint right now - I didnt see any previous unedited version.

Assuming the headline didnt originally read: 'Former Exeter City etc...' theres not much wrong with it. This thread will unfortunately make more people gravitate towards it - it did me!
Pete, the article has been changed significantly since the original version, which was a disgrace to journalism. I think the original headline began 'ECFC trained coach...' and had no mention of the offender having received support from the club's community efforts for people out of work and education. It certainly overplayed his extremely tenuous links to our club.

It appeared to me to be a cheap shot from a once very good newspaper, who now seem to rely on illiterate morons producing garbage like this so that mugs like me end up on their advert drenched excuse for a website.

Antony Moxey

I dont know about sarcasm mate, but I think its pretty safe to say the club has almost total control about what the E&E publish about important stuff like 'Tisdales contract apparently not being renegotiated' when the paper suggested that it would be.
I don't think it's safe to say anything of the sort. Stop being so bloody ridiculous making up such utter rubbish.

PeteUSA

I stand to be corrected, particularly by you of course; but didnt it emerge a couple of weeks ago that to due to the 'sensitive' nature' of the answer to that question put to JT at the latest meeting, it could be assumed the contract adjustments hadn't been carried out?

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

What's that got to do with the E&E?

PeteUSA

Not a lot, but the spin off debate about what they do or dont print eventually led you to suggest I was making up "utter rubbish"?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't comment on the original version of the story because I didn't see it, but don't see a lot wrong with the one that's on the website now.

A couple of points, firstly, while it doesn't absolve the Echo of responsibility for what it publishes on its website, it was written by a freelancer, Ted Davenport, and not one of the paper's reporters.

Secondly, any mentions of Exeter City clearly derive from what was said in court. Appreciate they may not be especially helpful to the football club, but it's nigh on inevitable they're gonna get a mention and naive to think otherwise IMO. The Echo, like pretty much every other paper in the country, is selling fewer and fewer copies and website traffic is essential to its future. In those circumstances, if the football club is mentioned in proceedings it's hardly likely it's going to be omitted from reporting of the case.

Last edited:

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
There's nothing wrong with it now as they've taken the advice given and edited the headline accordingly. Instead of 'Exeter trained football coach' which is how the headline is now, it earlier stated 'ECFC trained football coach' in the headline.

This was the issue that people weren't happy with, as by just looking at the previous headline and not reading the full story Joe Public may tar this with the same brush as the ongoing FA child abuse investigations. At least they have now changed it, and I hope they have the decency to publicly apologise to the club for any distress caused.

Last edited: