• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Official Exeter City vs Swindon Town matchday thread

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So hands up who's going tonight? I'm staying away to save myself for Saturday's feast.

Anyway, it would be nice to get a win and bank some cash, as well as progress.

UTC

Terryhall

(n) - obvious geographical reasons for not going, but even if I still lived off the Old Tiverton Road, I'd still not be attending this competition.

Agreed that the win bonus would be nice. Hope we can score a few goals too and get some confidence.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If you're not too bored by the whole thing, then you might want to have a read of Jason#s match preview http://www.exeweb.com/2016/11/07/next-up-exeter-city-vs-swindon-town-efl-trophy/

Working till midnight so will miss the whole thing.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone know if this will be on Grecian Player? I ended up "watching" the "Chelsea" game through my betting account's live text stream thing!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I will be going...I hope it warms up,a bit chilly at the moment.

Any crowd over 1,000 will be a good attendance...Nearly 2,000 for the Chelsea game.Can't see an where near that number tonight.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not going. Hope hardly anyone turns up.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Anyone know if this will be on Grecian Player? I ended up "watching" the "Chelsea" game through my betting account's live text stream thing!
The first two group games weren't covered so I am guessing not. Probably not going although that's to do with all the home failures rather than any boycott. If I don't change my mind will have to see if Swindon have coverage on their player.

I am more concerned with us than feelings about the competition. I don't think b teams will be introduced into the league. The way I am looking at it is we need the money after the early fa cup exit. 10k is on offer tonight with 20k if we win the first knockout round so I want us to go as far as possible. Don't understand the desire to see no one attend unless all those that would normally have gone are going to make a donation of the entrance fee. I find it as boring as blaming the ref and opposition for Saturday's loss.

If we can progress and get the injured back we have enough players to be able to field at least the five who started the last game and rotate the others without it being an obviously inexperienced side. We already lost more than enough home games this season so we don't need any more. Another deja vu defeat tonight won't help us on Saturday.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Looking at radio Wiltshire sport Twitter, they are saying there will be live coverage tonight so if Grecian player doesn't cover it hopefully the Swindon player will.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at radio Wiltshire sport Twitter, they are saying there will be live coverage tonight so if Grecian player doesn't cover it hopefully the Swindon player will.
Cheers for that.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheers for that.
so we have to what , sign into swindons player ? we can do that?

Last edited: