• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cathedral Green - Fire

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
The drone shot is a really sad sight. Doesn't look to be anything left to restore.

Andy Holloway

A bit harsh there Andy. I have it on good authority that his mummy bought him the entire box set of Trumpton as well for his last birthday.
Hugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub & Langer!

conker

Ggggggggggggggggggg

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mods I can understand up to a point your moving this. However not totally in agreement as where you have put it will not be obvious or easy to find and there are many City supporters World wide who will be shocked and want to know more. I am posting this and would like to think you might reconsider and move back to the WOWs so everyone can see.

The devastation in the Close is terrible but this shows just how close it was to the fire becoming totally out of control and destroying the Hight Street a very sobering thought.

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/news

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The wedding of Nikki and Fraser went ahead at the Guildhall on Saturday. This is the stunning photo taken on the High Street by Amy Sampson.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
A video from inside Costa Coffee.....
HERE

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder if the Club could invite some of the emergency services to be guests of honour at a future home game, so that Exeter fans can show their appreciation for their efforts in saving this part of Exeter from even greater damage.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would second that motion Hants!
(Although they might find an away game more enjoyable :( )

Nik Nak

The wedding of Nikki and Fraser went ahead at the Guildhall on Saturday. This is the stunning photo taken on the High Street by Amy Sampson.

Fecking Disgrace

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Fecking Disgrace
Why?

Have to say even as someone with fewer connections to God's Own City than most on here I was devastated when I saw this news on Friday. Just last Sunday morning before heading home the Missus, Madam and I took a little stroll to the cathedral. As usual we looked up at the hotel and the Missus said "One day we'll stay here".

Hopefully it will still happen.