• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust AGM

Kingsman

Can anyone post on here what the Trustees legal responsibilities are and if there are any personal penalties are incurred if everything goes t..s up.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
However this has scared me off. Not everyone has BUSINESS experience and I'm guessing if your interest is a community role this shouldn't be a pre requisite
Denzel my apologies I do not wish to scare anybody off and it goes without saying that an interest in a community role should not be under valued. It is just that I see this as a one off opportunity for all those either here on Exeweb or elsewhere who recognise why the membership and ethos of the BOS has to change to give it some teeth to band together and do something about it.

When the manifestos of those looking to be elected I shall be reading them in the sincere hope that the "magnificent seven" will have surfaced and put themselves forward. They will certainly get my vote and had I been a few years younger, knowing if elected I would not be ploughing a loan furrow again, I would certainly have stood up to the plate.

To be honest I will be bitterly disappointed if after all that others have written about their dissatisfaction with the way the BOS has functioned, in truth virtually throughout its lifetime, there will not be seven individuals capable of getting together presenting a united front and manifesto and putting themselves forward for election.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are currently five Trust Board members with substantial business experience, including one who is a manager of a major local business.

Always room for more of course as several might decide to stand down (or not).
Pete myself and I am sure many other Exewebers would genuinely appreciate it if you can say who they are and the businesses they are or have been involved with.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pete have just read the CVs of the current Trustees and to be honest unless I am missing something can only see one with any relevant business background. Perhaps you would be good enough to enlighten me further as well as giving as I previously requested details of the nature of the business with which he/they are or have been involved in. Many thank.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pete have just read the CVs of the current Trustees and to be honest unless I am missing something can only see one with any relevant business background. Perhaps you would be good enough to enlighten me further as well as giving as I previously requested details of the nature of the business with which he/they are or have been involved in. Many thank.
Depends what you consider "relevant" . I am not prepared to put personal information on a public forum without any individual's knowledge or approval, but will PM you.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Can we have fans rep on the Club Board? Quite a popular idea with some professional football clubs.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Depends what you consider "relevant" . I am not prepared to put personal information on a public forum without any individual's knowledge or approval, but will PM you.
Pete fully understand your position and thanks for doing this. Look forward to hearing further from you in due course.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can we have fans rep on the Club Board? Quite a popular idea with some professional football clubs.
Hants do I detect a hint of irony in your post?

Pete Martin (CTID)

We used to have a Supporters Club director, but the position was removed by the club board around the time that Chorlton was appointed (not sure, but I think he may have instituted a review of the composition of the Club board and decided to chop it) The Supporters Club protested, but to no avail.

I have always taken the view that the SC should remain independent of the Trust (some other clubs have subsumed their SC into their Trust) because if, for any reason, the Trust ever ceased to exist there would otherwise be no representatives body of the supporters. Also, the SC is there to represent all supporters, be they Trust members or not.

Last edited:

Red Devon

The Trust needs a serious revamp....it has such dull and boring personal!!