• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Feckin' Dire Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Excuse me whilst i just put my foot through the TV...

[video=youtube;zt3Gvdu9mtM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt3Gvdu9mtM[/video]
I see your "Chicken Madras" imbecile and match it with the latest iPhone ad and the woman who goes "I'm checking my flight, I'm not checking my flight...I missed my flight" or similar.

Enough to reaffirm why, aside from my trusty and now somewhat ancient iPod, I don't touch Apple products.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't touch Apple products.
Not even cider?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not even cider?
Only as part of my 5 a day.

LOG

I've just seen the latest Halifax advert featuring childhood favourite, Top Cat.

All i took from it was how feckin' dire someone (Benny was a bit thick so probably him but i'm not sure he could have reached that far up the fence) is at Noughts and Crosses. Noughts must have gone first as there's an equal number of goes but broke the golden rule of not going for the centre square. As if that wasn't bad enought they've then sat back and watched whilst crosses went straight down the middle.

Proof:

Grecian2K

Noughts must have gone first as there's an equal number of goes but broke the golden rule of not going for the centre square. As if that wasn't bad enought they've then sat back and watched whilst crosses went straight down the middle.

Proof:

Sounds like a typical Tisdale tactic to me?

fred binneys head

The preceding two posts to this one were very funny indeed. True story.

Swanaldo

Sounds like a typical Tisdale tactic to me?
When did we last have as many as three crosses in a game?!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mention of Ploughman's in the Fave thread brings me onto this

Ordering a Ploughman's lunch and getting a Cheese Salad !!

WTF do they mean " Its the same thing "

Grrrr !

Swanaldo

Interesting snippet from Wikipedia here.

"Beer, bread, and cheese have been combined in the English diet since antiquity. However, the specific term "ploughman's lunch" is believed to date no further back than the 1950s, when the Cheese Bureau began promoting the meal in pubs as a way to increase the sales of cheese."

For me a Ploughman's should consist of three different types of cheese (Ideally a mature cheddar, a stilton and a soft cheese), an apple, some decent thick slices of ham, a few grapes, some Branston-type pickle and a hunk of bread the size of a house brick. A boiled egg, sliced in half is optional.

iscalad

Interesting snippet from Wikipedia here.

"Beer, bread, and cheese have been combined in the English diet since antiquity. However, the specific term "ploughman's lunch" is believed to date no further back than the 1950s, when the Cheese Bureau began promoting the meal in pubs as a way to increase the sales of cheese."

For me a Ploughman's should consist of three different types of cheese (Ideally a mature cheddar, a stilton and a soft cheese), an apple, some decent thick slices of ham, a few grapes, some Branston-type pickle and a hunk of bread the size of a house brick. A boiled egg, sliced in half is optional.
Don't forget the butter. Pickled onions as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.