• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club marketing...

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have received an email from sir tis tonight - it encouraged me to attend this Saturday and thanked me in case I had been at the Plymouth game.

While nice to be contacted - am bewildered by the wording.

Plymouth wasn't pay on the gate - so they should know if I attended or not.

I am already booked for this Saturday - they should know this as well..

So all in all a fairly pointless email..

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here's the email...

Dear Adam

What an end to the season we’re having! I am delighted with the way the team has come together and realised it’s collective potential over the last nine games and now we have a real chance to make the play-offs.

Because of our exciting position in the league the next game genuinely becomes the "biggest game of the season” and Saturday’s clash with Northampton is a case in point.

So much rests on this game for both clubs. Indisputably the best team in the league this season, Northampton have a nineteen game unbeaten run to defend not to mention their chase for the League Two title. This is our opportunity to stop them in their tracks and get in to the play -off positions ourselves.

Two weeks ago we pulled off a fantastic result against Plymouth and the support we received from almost 6,000 home fans was amazing. If you were there, thank you. We need your support again now. Northampton are bringing over 1000 supporters so we need to make ourselves heard.

Come to the game on Saturday and bring your friends. We need your support.

To buy your tickets click here

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
and the support we received from almost 6,000 home fans was amazing.
Mine reads "The support we received against Argyle from you and almost 6,000 other home fans was amazing"

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its just a blanket email encouraging attendance for Saturday. Its better than no email at all. I got the email and I'm a season ticket holder. Not really bad marketing.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the club should go through everyone they know who went to the Plymouth game and send them a specifically tailored email. If anyone bought more than one ticket for that game, they should contact them to check who the other tickets were for so that those people can get the same tailored email as well.

Once they've done that, they should check who has already bought a ticket for Saturday (making the same checks for those who bought more than one) and make sure they get something specific as well. It shouldn't take long, there can only be several thousands of people to go through.

I doubt Tisdale will be happy though seeing as it's him who will have to sit there typing them all. It's probably just as well that he sorted out his substitutions yesterday afternoon.

fred binneys head

Cmon Northants, think it through mate.

Spoonz Red E

I doubt Tisdale will be happy though seeing as it's him who will have to sit there typing them all. It's probably just as well that he sorted out his substitutions yesterday afternoon.
Ted Baker can do Tis's tie pin.

Northant's email might not have been as finely tuned as he'd have liked but at least we knew him from Adam.

ecfctis

Have received an email from sir tis tonight - it encouraged me to attend this Saturday and thanked me in case I had been at the Plymouth game.

While nice to be contacted - am bewildered by the wording.

Plymouth wasn't pay on the gate - so they should know if I attended or not.

I am already booked for this Saturday - they should know this as well..

So all in all a fairly pointless email..
Just look at the tickets site and at the number of unsold seats in both stands - worryingly large number to be sold in 2.5 days. Big Bank will probably reflect the same and is sufficient reason for the club to be sending out such emails.Yes our home form has been poor, but now we are
a few wins away from the play-offs. What on earth does it take to get a regular decent crowd. Does the City deserve a successful team, Sadly I think not!!!

Our home support

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Can't see many people bothering to buy tickets for the bank. Hopefully it will be a decent turnout but no reason not to just turn up and pay on the gate.

The seats are more important to prebook, but I don't think emails like this are likely to make a huge difference in who goals and who doesn't. If it does help however then not knocking it.

David Treharne

I very much enjoyed my e mail from Tis. The fact that I wasn't at the Plymouth game although he clearly thought that I was, and that I am a season ticket holder,so already have a means of watching on Saturday made very little difference to my appreciation of this kind gesture.