• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

First fifteen minutes on saturday

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
The best route to get coverage and maximize impact would be to alert all major media in advance a.s.a.p. Contact BBC Radio Devon, Local TV newsdesks at BBC and ITV and Local Papers.
Local papers? Not a chance. Simon Larkins only publishes what Tagg wants. This wont make the news, although that whats sorely needed. This 15 minutes thing will pass unnoticed at the ground, Its publicity the act needs, and probably wont get.

Mackster

This won't work, I'm surprised you lads don't make up some new banners expressing your displeasure

elginCity

If this is a passive attempt at militancy then it sucks, you boys are better than that.

Show the team you're angry, not by sitting on your arse for 15 minutes but by demanding a reaction, crank it up and lift the feckin' roof, right from the off.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
The funniest thing is people think even if we beat Newport we've still got a chance for the playoffs
Why is the word 'even' in this sentence? Or did you forget the word "don't" before "beat"?

Mathematically we still have a chance, so they would be correct. I don't think anyone will be betting on it at this point though.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Credy's right. Play Offs ain't happening. Its not about being pro or anti Tisdale its about thinking with reason and probability.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
We've won 11 from 30 in the league & yet people are still expecting to win another 10-11 to have a realistic chance of the playoffs from 16 games ?

VOR

I applaud the protest simply as its generated publicity that a group of fans are not happy about how the team are performing. Its their right and just being part of the group does not mean they have given up the right to express a negative opinion.

If anyone doesn't like it they can take their place and sing their hearts out for the first 15 minutes instead.

HarryECFC

Just clearing up a few points.

1. We do not think we are bigger than the club, we do not think we represent all of the fans, we dont. What we are doing is expressing our dissatisfaction as a group that have made a considerable effort towards improving the atmosphere.

2. It has been noticed by staff and by players the effort that we have made at games by making a considerable amount of noise at games, all we are doing is withdrawing this support for the first 15 minutes as a kick up the arse for the players to realise that we're not happy, and to see some fight from them for the club and for the fans.

3. Despite the Red Legion being a newly formed group, we are all long standing city fans, we may be young (aged 19 myself), but we also have a lot of the older generation now also with us and the core group average age is roughly 23 and I'm one of the younger ones. It doesn't take someone who has followed for 60+ years to recognise when players are not playing up to their potential, or when a manager is making the wrong decisions and not justifying them.

We know that the players are aware of our actions coming this Saturday, thats what matters, they know we're not happy with the way things are going, it has been something that's been spoken about.

Colesman Ballz

Local papers? Not a chance. Simon Larkins only publishes what Tagg wants. This wont make the news, although that whats sorely needed. This 15 minutes thing will pass unnoticed at the ground, Its publicity the act needs, and probably wont get.
How do you know that Julian Tagg has editorial control over the Express and Error ? Stick to the facts for once in your life dimwit ! The E&E is only one paper anyway, I was including the WMN and Sunday Independent, the clue being the "S" on the end of paperS, signifying more than one ! (facepalm)

Red Bill

Just clearing up a few points.

1. We do not think we are bigger than the club, we do not think we represent all of the fans, we dont. What we are doing is expressing our dissatisfaction as a group that have made a considerable effort towards improving the atmosphere.

2. It has been noticed by staff and by players the effort that we have made at games by making a considerable amount of noise at games, all we are doing is withdrawing this support for the first 15 minutes as a kick up the arse for the players to realise that we're not happy, and to see some fight from them for the club and for the fans.

3. Despite the Red Legion being a newly formed group, we are all long standing city fans, we may be young (aged 19 myself), but we also have a lot of the older generation now also with us and the core group average age is roughly 23 and I'm one of the younger ones. It doesn't take someone who has followed for 60+ years to recognise when players are not playing up to their potential, or when a manager is making the wrong decisions and not justifying them.

We know that the players are aware of our actions coming this Saturday, thats what matters, they know we're not happy with the way things are going, it has been something that's been spoken about.
Good luck to all of you. What you will no doubt have noticed is that a lot of people on here don't like people who actually do things, as it highlights their own inactivity, and makes their moans and complaints or sycophantcy look rather childish and ridiculous

The RL have made a fantastic difference to the atmosphere at SJP since you started, the almost constant singing does spread around and get others involved. I'm in my mid fifties and most of the people I go to football with are roughly in the 45-65 age group. None of us are really the kind of fans who start sing off but most of us will join in. I think it's fair to say that goes for most of the BB and almost all the singing starts from your area. I'm sure your dignified silent protest will be noticed, as I'm sure I'm not the only person who's got used to the great noise you've been making throughout our games over the last couple of months or so, and will miss it when it's not there for 15 minutes.

There has been nothing in anything said so far to suggest the RL believe they are speaking for anyone but themselves. The accusation that they are is a common tack taken by the sycophants, who are frequently outraged by the merest suggestion that their view is not the view of the majority. Generally I think its because their worried about anyone openly expressing a contrary opinion because they're too damned lazy to do anything actively in support of their own.

It's true it may not have any effect, but doing nothing definitely won't. Contacting all local media an football fan related websites is well worth a shot. Don't listen to Pete, and he seems to think Julian Tagg is Rupert Murdock and Roman Abramovic all rolled into one!

Last edited: