• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale must go ...

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Tisdale must go

Blake, Flackie and somebody else that I can't recall and I think Inglethorpe got stretchered off.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S

Behave yourself. If we won the JPT this season you'd say so what, it's a Mickey Mouse cup. You'd also be saying the season was a failure if we didn't get promoted as well.
Shut up Ant and stop talking for me

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster

Keeping Offline and allowing Jamie Cureton to leave was a monstrously bad decision, IMHO. Not really a sackable offence, though.
Actually there's been a bit of a mix as Jamie was released by City on May 3rd 2013. However, it was as I said, he told me that Tisdale didn't offer him a new contract.

I'll leave it to others to decide as to whether it was an avoidable mistake.

fred binneys head

Tisdale has huge passion, he's just someone with low emotional reactions - that's a huge strength in a football manager, as annoying as it can sometimes be to those desperate for a manager that tucks his trousers into his socks.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster

Tisdale is a true enigma. He is very much his own man and not afraid to make decisions. Some of these have been less effective than others, some very hard to understand e.g. not playing Tom against Liverpool although possibly that decision was clouded by the Posh scenario, others impossible to understand.

The flip side being that there have also been a number which at the time many on here criticised him for but which in the event proved to be very effective and to be fair to him these would out outnumber the earlier category. During the times when we have had poor runs a lot of Exewebbers myself included have called for his head and as has been said many times had he been managing any other Club than ECFC he would probably have been given his P45.

However he has shown on more than one occasion that he is capable of turning things around. He has been criticised and I have to admit that I was one of those to do so, of indulging in an old pals act particularly with regard to Matt Oakley but it was the latter's superb through ball which set Tom through on goal against Accrington to score what has now proved to be his last goal for the Club.

The issue that we are all in agreement on is that there seems to be no checks or balances in place nor any apparent process by which his performance or non-performance can be judged. Not the most healthy of situations but on balance I am seriously beginning to think we could do a lot worse than having him as our manager. IMO unless of course we get another serious run of injuries to key players he now certainly has the playing resources to at least get us into play-offs. So perhaps it is now time to get behind him and the players, concentrate on his positive contributions as opposed to those that appear to be negative and together make this a season to remember for all the right reasons UTC.

Antony Moxey

Shut up Ant and stop talking for me
Yeah, sorry, I was just saving you the trouble of posting exactly that.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S

Close this thread its run its course

Avening Posse

end of the season please guys and gals....

geoffwp

ha ha.
Proof, if ever any was needed, that credy has been well and truly owned by Ant.

Mackster

I'm disappointed in you Credy.

Every dog has its day, today just isn't that day.

5 defeats on the bounce to finish the season & this thread will be up alive & kicking ]:)