• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale must go ...

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Tisdale must go

JPT.

If Oxford can why can't we ?
We have a punchers chance at the JPT. Almost made it one year. You don't sack a manager for failing to win it though.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S

That has, for me, always been the crux. Because Tisdale isn't a shouty type this is mistaken for a lack of PASSSSHHUNNN!!!!!111!!! which is what some supporters crave.
What a load of old tosh that is.

CREDYGRECIAN

We have a punchers chance at the JPT. Almost made it one year. You don't sack a manager for failing to win it though.
In your opinion - in mine it's a competition we should be targeting as it's the only realistic chance we have of winning one.

DanceMagnet

As for Jamie Cureton, I met Jamie at Swindon's Designer Outlet. He explained to me that he left City because he wasn't offered a new contract.
Keeping Offline and allowing Jamie Cureton to leave was a monstrously bad decision, IMHO. Not really a sackable offence, though.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster

In your opinion - in mine it's a competition we should be targeting as it's the only realistic chance we have of winning one.
Yeah. We should be targeting it. That's not the same as sacking a manager for not winning it. The first is obvious. The second is moronic.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster

Anyway, as far as I know, Tisdale's the only manager in our history to take us to the JPT area final... is he not? Beating Plymouth for the first time in about 15 years in the process. Not sure JPT performance is the right stick to beat him with.

CREDYGRECIAN

Yeah. We should be targeting it. That's not the same as sacking a manager for not winning it. The first is obvious. The second is moronic.
In your opinion

Antony Moxey

JPT.

If Oxford can why can't we ?
Behave yourself. If we won the JPT this season you'd say so what, it's a Mickey Mouse cup. You'd also be saying the season was a failure if we didn't get promoted as well.

Antony Moxey

Anyway, as far as I know, Tisdale's the only manager in our history to take us to the JPT area final... is he not? Beating Plymouth for the first time in about 15 years in the process. Not sure JPT performance is the right stick to beat him with.
Didn't we get to an area final against Bristol City where we lost the away leg 4-0 and had something like three players - including Noel Blake I think - sent off?

We might have got there against Port Vale where we played them in that and the league within days of each of other when a fan lamped the ref in one of the games when Alan Ball was in charge.

Last edited:

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster

Didn't we get to an area final against Bristol City where we lost the away leg 4-0 and had something like three players - including Noel Blake I think - sent off?
You're right... I'd erased that night from my memory.

Bringing himself on and then getting himself immediately sent off... why can't Tisdale show that kind of passion?

Last edited: