• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale must go ...

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Tisdale must go

During Tisdales early successful years he always had a football savvy sidekick beside him. John Yems, Russell Osman, and a fit Steve Perryman (with direct cellphone link to PT) to name some obvious ones. Even Rob Edwards was more than capable of giving Tisdale advice. Now everybodys gone, and Tisdale has had to stand on his own two feet alone for several years, and I believe it shows. He's an average manager at best.

Antony Moxey

You are attempting to re-write the history books here Ant. Promoted 1963-4 under Jack Edwards, THIRTEEN YEARS LATER, in 1976-77 under Bobby Saxton, then again THIRTEEN YEARS LATER in 1989-90 under Terry Cooper. Of course THIRTEEN years after that, the sequence was broken, with relegation to the bleddy Conference under bleddy Russell and bleddy Lewis ! :(
Not at all. It was in response to Credy's post as to what constitutes success, plus, because Tisdale hasn't done anything for five years, that means he's a failure. Fifteen years between promotions or thirteen, it doesn't really change the overall sentiment does it?

Antony Moxey

During Tisdales early successful years he always had a football savvy sidekick beside him. John Yems, Russell Osman, and a fit Steve Perryman (with direct cellphone link to PT) to name some obvious ones. Even Rob Edwards was more than capable of giving Tisdale advice. Now everybodys gone, and Tisdale has had to stand on his own two feet alone for several years, and I believe it shows. He's an average manager at best.
Are you suggesting there hasn't been an assistant manager at the club for 'several years'? I'd make you wrong on that.

Colesman Ballz

Not at all. It was in response to Credy's post as to what constitutes success, plus, because Tisdale hasn't done anything for five years, that means he's a failure. Fifteen years between promotions or thirteen, it doesn't really change the overall sentiment does it?
Come off it ! It's there in black and white for all to see, you were simply distorting the true facts in order to give your argument more weight ! (n)

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster

And to correct you Eamo and Alex between managed the first team for a total of three seasons, from summer 2003 until summer 2006.
I stand corrected. Wikipedia has it wrong, I think. My point isn't to take credit away from those guys. My point is that to say it was there doing and thereby deny Tisdale credit for it is absurd. Everything at a football club is a collective effort. A lot has changed since Eamo's day. The idea that Dolan and Inglethorpe set it all up and Tisdale simply reaped the benefits doesn't wash. Not saying that you're saying that by the way... but it seems to be the way some people think.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster

Trophys , medals , promotion parades , cup finals - that's the whole point of playing ain't it ?
What cup finals do you have such a strong expectation of getting to that you want to sack a 4th tier manager for failing to reach?

GrecianWonder

What cup finals do you have such a strong expectation of getting to that you want to sack a 4th tier manager for failing to reach?
He's agitated at klopp drawing fa cups.

STURTZ

Thought vinnicombe was 250k. Reckon if Nichols goes we would be certainly in excess of 3m in transfers inwards.

Think we have sold mackie, seaborne, golbourne, Moxey, Gill, Troy, dunne, grimes. Have a missed anyone out? Think we had a few low fees, billy Jones, Todd, Phillips, coppinger.

Add a keeper and that is a pretty good side with a couple of subs.
Wasn't Gill at the end of his contract? Don't forget Dean Stamp to Truro for £10k!

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster

Good managers achieve consistently - 5 years is too long IMO without producing a side who have reached the playoffs or been genuine promotion contenders
Absolutely. Lou Macari once told me that Exeter City was essentially a div4 team that would have the occasional forays up to div3. The trouble is that these forays are a long time coming. In those 5 years how many team managers have burst out of the starting blocks along with Tisdale and crossed the promotion line leaving our Tis floundering.

Of course there are those who will claim our lack of money was a major inconvenience while forgetting that is much the norm in this league - incidentally, didn't Tisdale have a tidy little pot at one stage? As for those posters who applaud the manager for bringing stability to the club - we've been nothing of consequence for years! Are you really happy with that!

On a happier note, I believe the cup money will stand us in good stead for the near future - at least until it runs out.

Stuart Storer's Tache

I agree & I don't know why but I just find Tisdale a difficult character to like - he's never done anything to me and I'm sure as a person he's a nice bloke but from the outside and that's all we know him from I find him slightly arrogant.
You're not alone I'd imagine, there are plenty within our support who have never taken to him despite his achievements.

Some would prefer a "meat and potatoes" type - track suit tucked into socks prowling the touchline in a battered pair of old Copas who's not afraid to chuck some tea cups around at HT.