• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Potentially positive outcome for planning application.

David Treharne

Just whiled away some time looking at the recommendation of the Planning Officer for the SJP/Student Accommodation report which will be published ahead of the Planning Committee meeting on 8th February. For anyone on these forums who has doubted City Council support for ECFC take time to read about the positives that Planners think the Club bring to the City. The outcome is support for both parts of the planning application. There is a long list of requests ahead of the outline planning application becoming the final scheme in detail, but it's now down to the Councillors on the committee to decide the eventual outcome. Not sure when the recommendations will appear on the City Council website but (subject to any restraints that are put on me not to publish) I will add some more detail over the next few days.
P.S. Football in the Community is seen as a huge asset.

sladie

Do you have a Link please Dave?

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
It just whistles at RW suggestion that ECFC are not supported by the council...,

DanceMagnet

Really positive that ECC are supportive of the club. On a personal level, though, still think the best long term move would be away from SJP.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Really positive that ECC are supportive of the club. On a personal level, though, still think the best long term move would be away from SJP.
I do agree but that's a discussion for another day

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's already up there. I published the link on the other thread

Rog H K

Fareham Grecian

Thanks Dr Dave, this looks like good news; the committee should follow the recommendation shouldn't they? As Lez points out, it makes RW's continual sniping at the council's (lack of) support for the club look misplaced.

Fareham Grecian

It's already up there. I published the link on the other thread
Just to clarify, the full reports/recommendations are on the 'sticky' planning thread. Recommendations are pretty unequivocal.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks Dr Dave, this looks like good news; the committee should follow the recommendation shouldn't they? As Lez points out, it makes RW's continual sniping at the council's (lack of) support for the club look misplaced.
I might have guessed that you'd be the one who'd pick up on Lez's comment. While I'm not altogether sure what Lez was trying to say, or whether it was necessary to say it, you're blatently miss-quoting him with your "as Lez points out" statement. - creep! You'll never know will you whether rightwings input had any impact on the latest developements?