• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I've heard some nonsense in my time, but this takes the biscuit...

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
After yesterday's game I imagine any sort of grass would be most welcome.

iscalad

Says he who was riding high at the start of the season... :)
Jealousy is not becoming of you. [G]

iscalad

Premier League scores being read out at a League 2 ground? Hardly relevant. If the "two team Tonys" want to known how their beloved Chelsea or Man Utd got on they can look at their phones.
Too bleddy right..plastics!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Forget about the Premier League scores for a minute, we're not getting the scores for the other games in League Two.

PeteUSA

I guess I'm in the minority, but I applaud Mark Tylers announcement about not giving away the scores from other games, particularly Premier League games over the tannoy. I used to love to watch MOTD of a saturday night not knowing what the scores had been.

A few years ago, I had a major problem with Radio Devon via Grecian Player's commentators giving out continual updates of all the Premier League games while they were covering a City match. The problem was that I was learning info about games I had yet to watch over here because every Premier League match is relayed live to the US. I chose to record the one I wanted and watch it later at a reasonable time.
I had many a game f****d up because I wasnt quick enough to drown out a 'latest score' by madly singing out load or turning the volume down, there was no warning! John Ayres and Co did have a go at saying 'meanwhile in the Premier League etc' but that didnt last long. I'm sure though that many expats get f****d up like I did.

Mark Tyler

All feedback on this one will be gratefully received. Of course, there will be many for and against, so we're never going to please everyone.

I used to get a lot of comments at games from those who really didn't want to hear the scores. I've had very few (one I think) complaining that we don't do it now.

I would welcome a more 'scientific' measure of how you all feel about this one.

If there's a majority of you wanting the scores read out, I can do that (making sure that I warn those against to put fingers in ears !)

Alistair20000

I would like the League 2 half times and "latests" as we are trooping out please Mark. Not much bothered about the rest.

However, even more important, can you do something to get that feckin' useless tannoy fixed.

Last edited:

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think League 2 is a good idea so people can see how the teams around us are doing (along with Argiggle) but I don't see any reason to give out the Premiership scores. You may as well read out the Cricket scores and the lottery numbers for all the relevance it has at our level.

Swanaldo

Forget about the Premier League scores for a minute, we're not getting the scores for the other games in League Two.
You brought up MOTD ;)

Of course we should hear the L2 scores. If only to laugh at the Argyle.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suspect there's quite a few people who prefer to sit down and watch Match of the Day without knowing what's going to happen in games... Not sure there's many people who's experience of watching the 30 seconds per match League 2 highlights will be ruined in a similar way. Other league 2 scores also become increasingly relevant to our own plight as the season goes on (at least, i hope they will). So, I'd be in favour of giving us the scores from League 2, but keeping quiet about the Premiership. Its true that its hard to get away from anyway, with people getting the scores in on their phones and talking about them, but at least give people the chance.