• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liverpool v Exeter City - Official Matchday Thread

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
People are actually citing the opinions of James and Macmanaman? Macmanaman especially is particularly clueless and only interested in his own opinion and the fact that he played for Liverpool and Real - I find him as about insightful as that other perennial dullard Jamie Redknapp.

As it was, Tis got it wrong, but we could see that with our own eyes, we didn't need those two idiots feigning mock ignorance.
He knows nothing that Mcmanaman after all he's only won and scored in the champions league final for the biggest club in the world in Real Madrid

His opinion doesn't count.

Behave
No, you behave. So what if he's played at the highest level, all that means is that he's a damned good football player, not a tactical genius that knows the game inside out. Look at you and Harris - both have similar levels of experience on and off the field yet have wildly different views on just about everything to do with football - you can't both be right.

You cannot deny Macmanaman's contribution on the pitch, but there's an awful lot of less decorated pundits that I'd listen to any day than him.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Wrong answer.....

Last edited:

geoffwp

People are actually citing the opinions of James and Macmanaman? Macmanaman especially is particularly clueless and only interested in his own opinion and the fact that he played for Liverpool and Real - I find him as about insightful as that other perennial dullard Jamie Redknapp.

As it was, Tis got it wrong, but we could see that with our own eyes, we didn't need those two idiots feigning mock ignorance.[/QUOTE

He knows nothing that Mcmanaman after all he's only won and scored in the champions league final for the biggest club in the world in Real Madrid

His opinion doesn't count.

Behave
Come on credy. It wasn't a comment about his prowess as a footballer an awful long time ago but a comment about what he can deliver as a pundit now. The two things don't always go together.

Antony Moxey

Serious question: mindful of your reservations about watching the original game from the big bank, what did you think of the view? I only ask, because I was sitting a few rows behind you from where it was 5hite – I could just about see all of the playing surface but not a lot else. Certainly, the view from behind the goal at SJP is markedly better.

That aside, I never thought I'd see the day when Ant Moxey was taking selfies, so allowed myself a wry smile when I looked up to see you taking one of yourself with the Kop in the background at the end of the game! ;-)
I thought the view poor from where we were, although ironically it was better when everyone sat down. Had we been a few rows further it would have improved because you wouldn't have had the overhang in the way. Had we been on the section above it would have been a billion times better.

Regarding your wry smile, why? I don't know why you seem to such a hang up about me and being behind a goal.

LOG

Stewards were a pain.
Why so, AP?

I think you were in a different block but there was a bloke in ours who was acting quite the clown and ****ing off pretty much everyone anywhere near him. He was warned at least four times by the steward, who was remarkably patient and apologised to those around even though it wasn't for him to do so, but this particular "character", seemingly unable to follow the most basic of instructions was eventually thrown out. The steward even said at one point that he didn't want to throw him out as it was quite early in the game and he'd travelled so far but it went on for so long that they were left with no choice.

happygrecian

Yes, it's true.... Ten German Bombers...

Last edited:

iscalad

Any one anything about the fan that the St. Johns were called to?

Avening Posse

Why so, AP?

I think you were in a different block but there was a bloke in ours who was acting quite the clown and ****ing off pretty much everyone anywhere near him. He was warned at least four times by the steward, who was remarkably patient and apologised to those around even though it wasn't for him to do so, but this particular "character", seemingly unable to follow the most basic of instructions was eventually thrown out. The steward even said at one point that he didn't want to throw him out as it was quite early in the game and he'd travelled so far but it went on for so long that they were left with no choice.
I was stood 2 seats in from the aisle. Everybody, including me, and around me stood for the whole game, but more to the point the people in front of me did. A steward took it upon himself to single out myself and a mate, presumably because we were next to the aisle and therefore easy, and insisted we sat down. Clearly, with people stood directly in front, it was never going to happen. He got quite irate and at one point he actually grabbed me and tried to pull me into the aisle. I wasn't best pleased. Words were said. His hands were removed. He then went into the "I'm just doing my job" routine. He then suggested he was going to ask a policeman to remove me and my mate. Thankfully he eventually f____d off, but I was not happy (but did end up laughing about it 5 mins later). I simply do not understand why he could not grasp that we could not see if we sat down as the people in front were standing, and he completely ignored them !!!!!!......Never mind !!

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like the problem I had.

StroudGrecian

His hands were removed.
That's a bit extreme AP, though it sounds like you were sorely provoked.