• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Weather watch

David Treharne

I think it's going to be worth checking during the course of the day how much rain is falling in Exeter. We've had over 1.5 mm in the two hours since 10:00 and there's a severe weather warning for more rain in the next 24 hours. My garden, located less than 400m from SJP, and which drains very well is already sodden and there's no sign of an improvement in the weather or a letting up of the rain. I wouldn't normally be too worried more than 24 hours ahead of a match, but I'd hate travellers to set out for a match that could be called off. I'll stroll down to SJP later to look at the pitch, but it was already muddy on the "Flybe" side before the game on Monday. Any other thoughts/observations from other "locals" would be welcome. Update later.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good shout Dave..I was thinking the same.

Hopefully a pitch inspection,if necessary is done early before anyone who has a distance to travel,sets off..

Silver fox

Raining in Digby but still playable at the moment.

Heysham Mike

No rain in Morecambe - first time for days! Thinking of putting the boat away after all.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Wonder if it's worth the club trying Somerset ccc again to borrow their soaker machine. Remember it helped save a game a couple of years back.

Hopefully it will be ok, but we can't afford the Liverpool game to be off or bang goes our 144k.

Antony Moxey

Rain's been pretty relentless all day so far in Exmouth, back garden's been a squelch fest for some time now. If this weather doesn't relent some time soon I'm not very hopeful for tomorrow.

This may not be a bad thing though, given how poor the pitch looked for the Wimbledon game. It's bound to get chewed to bits even if it is playable tomorrow which won't do it any good for not just the Liverpool game but probably the rest of the season resulting in another shedload of cash being thrown at in the close season.

IBA

Rain's been pretty relentless all day so far in Exmouth, back garden's been a squelch fest for some time now. If this weather doesn't relent some time soon I'm not very hopeful for tomorrow.

This may not be a bad thing though, given how poor the pitch looked for the Wimbledon game. It's bound to get chewed to bits even if it is playable tomorrow which won't do it any good for not just the Liverpool game but probably the rest of the season resulting in another shedload of cash being thrown at in the close season.
Agree with the Moxey, I'd be amazed if the game is on tomorrow, lets get the pitch right for Liverpool.

andrew p long

not quite up to dr Dave's standard, but this forecast looks very grim for prospects tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2649808#weather-warnings

grecianstew

Unfortunately, other than leaving a tap on, I don't think there is much we can do about it. any pitch inspection will be carried out by a qualified referee and they will be duty bound to determine simply whether the pitch is fit for that day's match and not take future fixtures etc into account

dontpassback

As others have alluded to,it might not be a bad thing if daggers is called off because the pitch didn't look to good against the dons and the TV money for the Liverpool game is money we can I'll afford not to get.It might also give us some breathing space for the injured players .