• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Hoskins

Oliver

Is this a justified gamble on his long term recovery to fitness, or a waste of a wage packet ?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who is this 'Will Hoskins' character you refer to?

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is this a justified gamble on his long term recovery to fitness, or a waste of a wage packet ?
Sadly, looks like he's going to be Neil Saunders mark two. David Noble was a gamble that paid off......eventually. One out of three?

chunkymorrinmunter

I fear the latter,a waste of money, hope to be proved wrong tho.

Antony Moxey

Sadly, looks like he's going to be Neil Saunders mark two. David Noble was a gamble that paid off......eventually. One out of three?
Why can't he be a Noble mark two?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Saunders was a risk worth taking based on his appearances with us, plus I'm not sure we'd have given him so long to try to recover had we not messed him up by misdiagnosing his injury in the first place. Kinda owed it to him. Lest we forget the injury he picked up with us was different to that he'd had previously too.

Hoskins - well, we'll see, but sadly currently he doesn't appear to have shaken off the fragile tag he'd had at his last couple of clubs.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Why can't he be a Noble mark two?
He can. Having been asked for may opinion by Oliver, I've not said, definitively, otherwise.

Note the words "looks like he's going to be....." Not "he will be". Also, note the question mark after "One out of three".

I will be happy if he makes it.

LOG

Any signing is going to be a gamble to one extent or another and long-term injury could always be around the corner for even the most robust of players.

Obviously with his injury record Hoskins represents a bigger gamble than most but so long as he's on a deal that's weighted very much in the club's favour then i don't really have a problem with it.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will Hoskins ever make an appearance for us again?

manc grecian

Can't see it myself. Couldn't we have just signed a striker whose legs work?