• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

End of Season Ball

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was this a genuine "funny" joke or a "I don't care what anyone else thinks" joke? genuine question for anyone who was there, although I guess the answer would depend on your opinion of the manager.
Tis was praising the ladies who volunteer at the Cat & Fiddle. One of them had told him she might have to stop doing it soon but wouldn't leave before he did so he told her she'd still have to be there next year. That's when he said "sign the petition" as an aside. It was in good humour.

PeteUSA

Tis was praising the ladies who volunteer at the Cat & Fiddle. One of them had told him she might have to stop doing it soon but wouldn't leave before he did so he told her she'd still have to be there next year. That's when he said "sign the petition" as an aside. It was in good humour.
I dont view Tisdale saying "sign the petition" as good humour Mike, although as rich says, anyones opinion on that comment is bound to be colored by their opinion of Tisdale. Some might say that both Tisdale and Taggs comments signify that we're being laughed at. Unfortunately the people in that camp dont bother to post on here anymore.

VOR

I dont view Tisdale saying "sign the petition" as good humour Mike, although as rich says, anyones opinion on that comment is bound to be colored by their opinion of Tisdale. Some might say that both Tisdale and Taggs comments signify that we're being laughed at. Unfortunately the people in that camp dont bother to post on here anymore.
It was said as a funny aside. Nothing malicious or bad humoured about it. I think you are looking to stir and create a controversy where none exists.

The manager and players were a credit to the club. They circulated around the room and opened up conversations rather than being approached.

As a player I had no time for Clinton but could see what he brings to the team in terms of enthusiasm and good humour.

Fareham Grecian

Well certainly, you are being laughed at. But you must be used to that.

PeteUSA

It was said as a funny aside. Nothing malicious or bad humoured about it. I think you are looking to stir and create a controversy where none exists.
I guess we'll have to agree to differ about Tagg and Tisdales "funny asides"; I happen to think that any jokes such as those made are a deliberate smack in the eye for anyone who thinks that either of them gives a s**t about about what many supporters think. I'm not looking "to stir and create a controversy where none exists" either. As I previously said, many of the exewebbers who share my viewpoints towards this pair no longer post on here. Sadly it seems that only a few of us still posting are of the opinion that the club board are doing whatever they want, and the trust representatives dont have the balls to do anything about it. It wasnt meant to be that way, and I had hoped things would change with Overend in charge of the trust board. Sadly that doesnt seem like its going to be the case.

PeteUSA

Well certainly, you are being laughed at. But you must be used to that.
And you are one of the ones being taken for a mug! Although, you dont go to games either do you?

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Taggy did mention exeweb in his speech. Said he read it when he felt depressed and wanted to be cheered up!! He also gave Richard Dorman a scooter and rode it round the tent. Not sure how that could be classified as dull, bloody stupid was more apt!
The scooter was part funded by those nice people at exeweb.com!

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
It doesn't sound like he is cut out for the comedy circuit.

GrecianWonder

I guess we'll have to agree to differ about Tagg and Tisdales "funny asides"; I happen to think that any jokes such as those made are a deliberate smack in the eye for anyone who thinks that either of them gives a s**t about about what many supporters think. I'm not looking "to stir and create a controversy where none exists" either. As I previously said, many of the exewebbers who share my viewpoints towards this pair no longer post on here. Sadly it seems that only a few of us still posting are of the opinion that the club board are doing whatever they want, and the trust representatives dont have the balls to do anything about it. It wasnt meant to be that way, and I had hoped things would change with Overend in charge of the trust board. Sadly that doesnt seem like its going to be the case.
And isn't it amazing that you, quite possibly the furthers away fro all things exeter (I haven't compared the distance with IndoMike though) comment when RP was asking about people who were actually there how it was said. It's amazing how you can comment on what you have no clue about and claim to be superior to all those who are actually going to games or involved in the club.

LOG

How much were the tickets? This isn't going anywhere, i'm just curious.