• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Which bit would you like clarification on?
The bits in English. Credy only understands Kirton.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The close to MOTM thing

What relevance does that have to Harley

On the up

The close to MOTM thing

What relevance does that have to Harley
Apologies. My point is one of balanced, fair opinions. After reading recent posts on the forum, players like Sercs get lots of stick even though he often plays well. (Sometimes MOM) Whilst Harley who has generally been pants in every game since his return gets lots of support and starts went "fit". Can only assume this overwhelming support, is based on his performances from circa 4 seasons ago.

Obviously just an opinion, but based on witnessing all of his appearances since his Grimes left.

CREDYGRECIAN

First and foremost Sercs doesn't often play well - he's popular as he's a local boy

Harley is Harley - frustrating

Red Box

Harley has no confidence after spurning his chance of a big move, currently a poorer player second time around for Exeter City. A bench warmer at best.

Alistair20000

The old Harley looked capable of beating a man and then creating a goal

The new Harley looks like he's lost that spark
Big disappointment so far but I still expect the ginger ninja to come good.

What's this Harley hasn't contributed anything for ten games, he hasn't contributed anything for 4 years. If anyone thinks that he is suddenly going to turn in match winning performances then they are living in dreamland.

When he went to Swansea he didn't help himself by saying in an interview that: " I am as good as any of the players here and better than others." Really helped him to settle in.....Not!

CREDYGRECIAN

It's fair to say he never made the grade at championship level

Talent is something your given - he's got that , has he got the application alongside it needed higher up the ladder ? Possibly not hence why he's back at City

He reminds me of Lee Trundle - he was different class at league 2 & 1 levels but never really hit the grade in the championship

Red Bill

I said to friends before he signed for Swansea, when people were making what I thought were ridiculous suggestions as to which big clubs might come in for him, that League 1 was the highest level at which he would shine, that he would make an average championship player and wasn't good enough for the premier league, but none of my friends would have it, they all seemed to think he could go all the way. Well I reckon the last three years has shown that my assessment of him wasn't far off.
Having said that however, we're not a premiership or championship side, we're a league 2 side and I don't believe that the talent, technique, skill or creativity that he showed when he was with us last, can have vanished into thin air, and that if we show a bit of patience and allow him to rebuild his confidence, we could end up with a player who once again is one of the best in this league and possibly the league above. I accept its a gamble, but given that I've lost all hope of us making the play offs and don't think we're in any danger, its a gamble worth taking.

Also he wasn't a one season wonder as someone suggested earlier. He was our most creative player throughout his time with us and in his last 2 seasons was head and shoulders our best and most influential player. When he left us, City were like a rudderless ship and the team quickly fell apart. I don't know if we'll ever see anything like his best again, but lets not start pretending he was never any good just because he's been poor so far and we're fed up with Tisdale and want another stick to beat him with!

STURTZ

Fantastic player at his best, hasn't shone since his return but we all must hope he can regain his previous form. Thought I saw some elements of his former self at Portsmouth, reverse passing, an ability to execute a defence splitting pass. Maybe it's a confidence thing, give him more time. We need him to perform!