• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks to me like he's scared of taking risks. He's getting plenty of the ball but doing naff all with it other than shuffle it sideways.
That was always my impression when he was at his best too though. He never liked to give the ball away and wouldn't play through balls unless he was very confident of it reaching its aim. I actually think that's a good thing. He needs to build on the understanding with other players. I would play him every single game until the end of the season whatever, because a player with that much technique and football brain doesn't just lose that, but he needs to tune in with other players and they need to tune in to him. He just had a couple of games out recently but I think we will soon see something approaching the original Harley. There's a New Moon in Aquarius (his sign) tomorrow which indicates a step forward and when Venus and Mars leave Pisces and go into Aries on Friday/Saturday this will shift a lot of positive energy forward for him.

Now you can all make fun of me.

Trouble is unless he gets properly math fit and gets some game time in to shake off the rust you never will.

We all know what he is or at least was capable of, so I think its worth the risk.
Could the same argument not be made about Jamie Reid? The run we're on, surely sending Harley down to Torquay to build up confidence and match-fitness would make sense too.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
That was always my impression when he was at his best too though. He never liked to give the ball away and wouldn't play through balls unless he was very confident of it reaching its aim. I actually think that's a good thing. He needs to build on the understanding with other players. I would play him every single game until the end of the season whatever, because a player with that much technique and football brain doesn't just lose that, but he needs to tune in with other players and they need to tune in to him. He just had a couple of games out recently but I think we will soon see something approaching the original Harley. There's a New Moon in Aquarius (his sign) tomorrow which indicates a step forward and when Venus and Mars leave Pisces and go into Aries on Friday/Saturday this will shift a lot of positive energy forward for him.

Now you can all make fun of me.
No need.........already achieved...... :)

Red Bill

Could the same argument not be made about Jamie Reid? The run we're on, surely sending Harley down to Torquay to build up confidence and match-fitness would make sense too.
I take your point but I think in his case getting farmed out yet again may not be the best thing for his confidence and I think that's a bigger issue with him than his fitness.

Last edited:

Langer

Hes had one golden season much the same as Stuart Fleetwood did and now we are finding out what the other four clubs did hes Carp.
Any player that takes twenty games to get going isnt a very good player imho.

I have no doubt that we will all be lauding the ginger princes name from the rooftops after a match winning performance next Saturday.
Wait and see!

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The old Harley looked capable of beating a man and then creating a goal

The new Harley looks like he's lost that spark

On the up

Really hard to believe the stick some of our players get even when they play well half the time or get close to MOM one in ten. Sercs is a great example of that fact. Harley has played over 10 games and has not had a decent game yet. In fact has had quite a few totally ineffective performances yet some fans still sing out praise of what he brings to the team. Opinions hey. Him being the replacement for Grimes, is key to our down turn in results. Hard to play in this division with ten men. Even harder when 3 or 4 of those ten have no legs either. Apologies if view seems harsh, but any team looking for success in league two needs all 10 outfield players to put a shift in.
Be more than pleased to have to eat my words after outstanding display on Sat.

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Your post is confusing

On the up

Your post is confusing
Which bit would you like clarification on?