• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Easyfundraising.org

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
With Christmas fast approaching and more and more people now shopping online, did you know that you can sign up for free to EASYFUNDRAISING.ORG online and, for every purchase you make, your Supporters' Trust gets commission. Whatever you are buying costs you NO MORE than it would when buying online normally so why not sign up and take advantage of this "Easy Fundraising" opportunity!! With currently just 71 supporters already signed up £3,341.46 has been raised so far!!

*Just click HERE for further information......

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have made an account for me and the wife to use. Added the toolbar also to search for online shops from. Will advise the wife later to use this.

If we had every trust member raising £1 a week(Am i right in saying we have 3,000 or so members) Then we would earn £156,000 per annum. I will add the link to my facebook page and see if anyone signs up.

Pete Martin (CTID)

If we had every trust member raising £1 a week(Am i right in saying we have 3,000 or so members) Then we would earn £156,000 per annum. I will add the link to my facebook page and see if anyone signs up.
Spot on. It is SO easy to do, costs zilch to the shopper, and literally provides "money for nothing". If all friends and family of supporters could be persuaded to sign up (it takes seconds) the sky is the limit!!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
As you say simple and does not cost a penny. What could be better and also could help our trust raise significant amounts of money. Imagine what we could do with the extra £156,000 per year and thats off of simple every member signs up and raises one pound per week. Spread the word.

Pete Martin (CTID)

1,862 views on here and yet, to date, just 75 people have registered.

I am at a loss why people are not doing this in droves. It is genuinely is SO simple and costs you absolutely ZERO. Even a tiny bit of online shopping earns something towards funding and progressing YOUR football club.

Come on guys and gals.......you know you want to!! :)

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/ecfcsupporters/?t=Easyfundraising-lo&v=c

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

1,862 views on here and yet, to date, just 75 people have registered.

I am at a loss why people are not doing this in droves.
Simple Pete. In my case I buy stuff in shops, not online. In fact, other than tickets for our Wembley trips, I've never bought anything online. Might be one reason why the take up isn't what you'd expected?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Simple Pete. In my case I buy stuff in shops, not online. In fact, other than tickets for our Wembley trips, I've never bought anything online. Might be one reason why the take up isn't what you'd expected?
Obviously this would be a reason why some would not sign up but surely its better to sign up and even if you raise money via it once in a blue moon surely that money is better raised than not.

Any penny is better in our supporters trust and club than not.

I am with Pete on this. It does not cost anything. Its takes a minute to sign up tops. You just search through the toolbar that it provides and then shop with it. You raise little amounts of money for ECFC. 73 odd people so far have raised £3,342.83. That is an incredible amount of money which if transfered over 1,000 people could easily help raise a good amount to put towards capital projects at the club or towards the playing budget.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I think that also while it is a creditable idea which could do more for the club, there are lots of similar schemes that give people cashback directly for them to use themselves. my wife uses kidstart which gives us money back once a quarter which goes straight into my kids bank accounts. I haven't looked into this but assume you couldn't do both at the same time. if you can then I will sign up.

Would have thought that while some people don't shop online that wouldn't be a big reason why, another big reason I can think of is that people can be lazy and don't always get around to doing things even if they are a good idea.

Hope it encourages more people to sign up, maybe a smaller target would be to raise the £18k we failed to pick up last week.

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

Richard......yes I'm aware of the other schemes and I understand where you're coming from but this is openly aimed at raising funds for people's preferred organisation/charity. It's obvious that the take up is never going to be anywhere near 100%, but (now) just 78 people out of a Trust membership of (currently) 3,117? I'm sure there are more people who would willingly/happily sign up to this. Then there's friends and family who might also be persuaded. We'll keep plugging it anyway.......500 signed up would be good!!

And Ant......appreciated, but online shopping is growing exponentially so the "market" is there. Consider all those who now buy their groceries online. If they signed up, the Trust/club would benefit from every order without their shop costing a penny more.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Wasn't trying to knock it Pete, hope more people sign up but if its not possible to do both schemes on each purchase I am always going to choose my kids ahead of the club. Having said that will have a look, we do order our shopping on line and get cashback through the credit card we use but it we can access Tesco through the easyfundraising link then it sounds like that would work.

Maybe the mods could agree to putting it as a sticky on wows for a bit to see if that helps?

Last edited: