• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter Mods and Rockers

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think all you chaps should have a reunion and ride your scooters and motorbikes to a City away game for charity :)

iscalad

I think all you chaps should have a reunion and ride your scooters and motorbikes to a City away game for charity :)
Carlisle? 10 letters

PeteUSA

Arizona to Carlisle? Probably not!

Alistair20000

Arizona to Carlisle? Probably not!
Shirley a fit man like you could manage Carlisle Pa Pate. (flex)

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Carlisle? 10 letters
I dunno about that but I did manage to coax the old Triumph to Workington once back in the 70s (and that was in the days when the M5 didn't stretch much further south than Gloucester!)

Took from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon mind (broke the return journey at my cousin's at Cheltenham) but was worth it - I seem to recall that we only* lost 3-1
(With our away record back in those days, that almost constituted a moral victory!)

Last edited:

Avening Posse

So, are all you old gits dusting down your lambretta's and Triumph's for a charity ride to Warrington then :)

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
So, are all you old gits dusting down your lambretta's and Triumph's for a charity ride to Warrington then :)
Strictly 4 wheels these days. :)

IBA

anyone old enough to remember the Confederates scooter club , that ran in Exeter back in the 1960s?

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
anyone old enough to remember the Confederates scooter club , that ran in Exeter back in the 1960s?
Never ever considered a scooter but thinking back to those days I remember an old abandoned Scott motorbike parked just inside a gateway at the end of Dinham road. It was there for years and then just disappeared. What that bike would be worth now!

PeteUSA

Tell us a bit about it mate. I'm certainly old enough, but dont recall it. Where was it, who frequented it etc..