• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How long can we hang on to Pym?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Judging by the commentary today, he had a brilliant game, making numorous top drawer saves! It sounded like he kept us in the game, for us to cling to the victory. Trouble is (as Barge said) that he could now be in demand in the january window. Sounds like he had one hell of a game, and deserved to be carried off shoulder high.

Silver fox

Judging by the commentary today, he had a brilliant game, making numorous top drawer saves! It sounded like he kept us in the game, for us to cling to the victory. Trouble is (as Barge said) that he could now be in demand in the january window. Sounds like he had one hell of a game, and deserved to be carried off shoulder high.
Superb Pete and MOTM, saw him after the game, super young man and very brave today.

motorservices

I think we need to except the fact that both Pym and Grimes will be in demand come January, now i dont wanna hear of 50k and a 10% sell on, i wanna hear 700 odd k each with a 30% sell on, why should we let them go for next to nothing

Pete Martin (CTID)

Pym is class. Real class. Jonah and Artur both used to scare me at times, but somehow I feel at ease with Christy and I think the outfield players do too. OK he'll always make the odd mistake - what keeper doesn't - but, for me, he's the best City keeper for years (and still only 19 years old).

motorservices

Pym is class. Real class. Jonah and Artur both used to scare me at times, but somehow I feel at ease with Christy and I think the outfield players do too. OK he'll always make the odd mistake - what keeper doesn't - but, for me, he's the best City keeper for years (and still only 19 years old).

Talking of Artur i saw him in the carpark next to SJP today, i cant help but thinking we have kept the better keeper of the two

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll admit that Christy has proved me wrong, big time!! A few times on here I've slated him and have said about not thinking he's good enough. But I was wrong. He's been nothing short of brilliant this season and has had some truly incredible performances (today, Burton and Northampton stand out).

As Pete says, he'll make mistakes, but when he keeps on giving his all and having great performances, it's all easily forgiven. Him and Grimes are the two real stand outs this year.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I saw Artur sat in the Doble stand today.

As for Pym what a performance. At times he does not look like a 19 year old goalkeeper. Another player we could have serious issues in retaining but with him and Grimes i seriously hope the club hold out for top dollar and plenty of appearance add ons and a good sell on for both players.

Imho both players are being seriously better served by playing competitive football every week and would be seriously damaged if the ended up signing for a big club and being in the reserves(U21 squads) and out on loan at numerous clubs.

Sarcy Sid

Well deserved MOTM today, made some excellent saves and kept us in it. If anything the one he let in looked an easier save to pull off than the numerous others he did stop. Thats the way it goes sometimes though. I admit I was worried when Artur left but if anything I think hes just as good if not better. Hopefully he stays with us for some trime to come. Well done Christy and hope the face heals up soon. Would have been interesting to see what happened if he had to come off though and Hamon came on. Who knows he may be equally as good!

Avening Posse

Already said by others, but the guy is total class and will go a long way.......amazing today, better than Burton in my opinion where he was also phenomenal

PeteUSA

From what I've seen of him, it appears he has outstanding reflexes and agility; Unlike Jonah with his lead boots, and Art with his saves for the camera.