• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bottom!

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very depressing that the same weekend we hit rock bottom of the football league, the Chiefs are top of the Aviva Premiership.
You still backing Tisdale stroudy?

StroudGrecian

You still backing Tisdale stroudy?
I think so Jay, though there is no doubt we are in a hole and that has happened on his watch, I guess in a better-the-devil sort of way I think he's probably best placed to dig us out of it. And I still believe in a Trust-run club which focuses on player development, youth, sustainability and living within its means, and I fear to lose all that if he were to leave.

That said, neither he nor the club do themselves any favours in how they communicate with the fans.

Boyo

There we go again!

Any better ideas then We have to force response somehow.
The decline in crowds over the past 3 seasons has resulted in cutting back on everything except the wages of Tisdale and Tagg. What makes you think further reductions in income would impact on the presence of Tisdale or Tagg?

Protesting at the game is the best way surely?

Grecian_Jay

I think so Jay, though there is no doubt we are in a hole and that has happened on his watch, I guess in a better-the-devil sort of way I think he's probably best placed to dig us out of it. And I still believe in a Trust-run club which focuses on player development, youth, sustainability and living within its means, and I fear to lose all that if he were to leave.

That said, neither he nor the club do themselves any favours in how they communicate with the fans.
Fair play Stroudy. Stick to your guns and all that, no different from me 3-4 years ago.

How deep is this hole going to get before Tisdale picks his shovel up though?

StroudGrecian

How deep is this hole going to get before Tisdale picks his shovel up though?
It can't get much deeper!

I believe in Tisdale's methods long-term and hope we will soon begin to reap the rewards of his endeavours again, BUT we need to stay in the league, we need a plan of of where the points are going to come from to achieve that, and if we are much adrift from that plan by Xmas we may need someone new in who can deliver short-term.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
The silence from the club is deafening!!

tavyred

Everthing thats wrong with this Club- is that MAJOR SHAREHOLDER, CANT SACK THE MANAGER
If the major shareholder were to call an EGM and enough of their number thought it appropriate that Tisdale should go, a public announcement to that effect would move Tisdale to resign. Simple.

paperclip

I believe there is a Club Board meeting tonight, when they will be discussing ticket prices amongst other things. Assuming they make a statement later on this week, it should be interesting to see whether the board acknowledges any link between falling crowds and performances on the pitch.

Banksy

I believe there is a Club Board meeting tonight, when they will be discussing ticket prices amongst other things. Assuming they make a statement later on this week, it should be interesting to see whether the board acknowledges any link between falling crowds and performances on the pitch.
Of course they won't , little doubt now that Tisdale will bring an end to our league status because no one has the guts to confront him , Board or Trust. There will be no easy way back from the Conference with our current set up , perhaps that's what everyone wants though, non league football , certainly seems that way from the lack of action.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

About what, that we're bottom? Do they need to make an announcement about everything, or will looking at the table confirm it for you?