• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Day we played Brazil (the play) - 16-27th July

butch

The extra £30 for the black tie bit of the event seems eminently reasonable to me if that's you're kind of thing:

http://exeternorthcott.co.uk/the-day-we-played-brazil-2

If it isn't then, as exeternorthcott was at pains to point out, there's still the option to go and see the show for the standard price of just £14. Seems there's just no pleasing some people!
The black tie bit is a fund raising event. City and charity I think, so you would expect to pay a little extra,

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

exeternorthcott

Here's the trailer for the Gala performance:

[video=youtube;1ZMU_3bpSxA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZMU_3bpSxA&[/video]

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How did the gala performance go? Much raised at the auction?

Red Box

The night was a huge success. Only a few odd spare seats. Drinks and food in the Forum then up to the Theatre for a fantastic production. Auction at the end was a big success.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
How did the gala performance go? Much raised at the auction?
A really superb night Hants. That was the second time I've seen it and it seemed even better. Three curtain calls. The young lady, Bethany Watson, who played Winifred, was in tears herself at the end.

The shirts in the auction fetched between £35 and £75, although, oddly, they all looked the same. The commemorative Coldplay disc fetched £550.00 in the end. I think the overall take was more than had been expected.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good to hear it raised some good money.

Loved the characters of Winny and Arthur. The discussion after the relegation out of the league was very familiar, with some difficult emotions for City fans present. The anti-Argyle sentiment was great! As was the use of the "Those Roman Walls" though rather too fast!

"We've stood here every season,
We've stood here every year,
We've stood here for a century
Hear us roaring, hear us cheer,
Now we stand here true believers,
To the skies our sings will soar,
And we'll stand here, all of Exeter,

here we'll stand ...
here we'll stand ...
here we'll stand ...
here we'll stand ...​

Here we'll stand for evermore.
"

I find it remarkable that all our players went to war in 1914, and they all came back.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I loved it, I don't do theatre I find it hard due to my visual impairment etc. But I loved this so much that I want to see it again.
My chauffeur went with me and she goes to the theatre quiet a bit and she loved it too.
Did it get recorded? will there be a DVD?

whacker

"We've stood here every season,
We've stood here every year,
We've stood here for a century
Hear us roaring, hear us cheer,
Now we stand here true believers,
To the skies our sings will soar,
And we'll stand here, all of Exeter,

here we'll stand ...
here we'll stand ...
here we'll stand ...
here we'll stand ...​

Here we'll stand for evermore.
"
I challenge somebody on the Big Bank to start this song and get everybody to join in :)

robchave

Needs to be printed in the programme and played over the tannoy before each game. Not enough people will have seen the show to remember the tune!