• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

city win

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Well Tisdale's view that the speculation was unfair doesn't seem to have any basis as if it results in a win on a Saturday, let's see whose job we can link him with this week. I imagine MK Dons now have a vacancy for an Assistant Manager[tap]

Grecian_Jay

These threads make me chuckle. Some people need to chill and enjoy the fact we got a rare win, rather than worry about Exeweb. Too many people make stupid comments after one win or one defeat. Give it a few games and see if we have turned a corner.

Antony Moxey

A rare agreement with Jay here. Who cares which side of the fence people sit on, in the end we're all City fans and by and large we all want to see the team win. If we were to play like yesterday for the remainder of the season and all through next season towards play-offs and promotion I'm sure a lot of people who are anti-Tisdale might change their minds about him and the club.

Whatever, let's enjoy yesterday's excellent performance and result and not just go looking for petty points scoring off the back of it. It's not like wins are coming thick and fast at the moment is it?

elginCity

we're all City fans and by and large we all want to see the team win.
The 'by and large' comment suggests some City fans would prefer us to lose, in order to hasten the exit of the manager.

Nah, the agenda doesn't come before the success of the team, does it, Jay? :D

hatch4england

Tremendous relief here. We need to push on and get another 7 points now. Hope this girds the loins for the chaps to make sure it isn't a flash in the pan.

The interesting thing for me was that the two sides were quite even and this time, they conceded the crap goals. There's nothing in this division to be afraid of and just getting stuck in and pressuring the oppo when in possession does a lot. Gilly was excellent and, used in his right position, Sercombe looked a good player again. The best midfield performance I have seen this year.

How much more could we have achieved if we'd shown the same sort of bite and commitment over the rest of the season?

I still think it is time we parted company with the manager: one win doesn't alter what we've been through for the last 3 years. Hopefully, our survival will be the platform form which he gets his move and we get some fresh ideas.

rustle

some City fans would prefer us to lose, in order to hasten the exit of the manager
and

Hopefully, our survival will be the platform form which he gets his move and we get some fresh ideas.
So! Win or lose he goes then?