• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ken Baker RIP

older-codger

I posted this on the Obituary thread but it has been suggested (and I fully agree) that Ken deserves a thread on his own rather being lost among numerous dubious "celebrities".

Ken was a stalwart back-room worker for the club for almost as long as I can remember and was for many years the first person that people met when they visited the office for tickets etc. ECFC was a major part of his life and he will be sadly missed, especially by Big Col the turnstile operator.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nice one mate! I couldnt agree more that this is WoW's material. A great servant to the club, and I doubt very much if he collected a wage of any great substance.

RIP.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Part of the furniture. Carried out many roles over the years but as has been said was often the first face that greeted you especially in the ticket office.
Will be sadly missed by the ECFC Family.

RIP

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very sad to see this as I have known Ken for a very long time. What a great servant to the Club, and he was always the perfect real gentleman.

My thoughts are with Col and the family.

Thames Valley Red

Very sad to see this as I have known Ken for a very long time. What a great servant to the Club, and he was always the perfect real gentleman.

My thoughts are with Col and the family.
Devastating news to cap a crap long day. PROPER City fan and a gentleman very honest. Thoughts with the family at this time.

RIP TVR

Last edited:

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Devastating news to cap a crap long day. PROPER City fan and a gentleman very honest. Thoughts with the family at this time.

RIP TVR
Agree with all the sentiments...you would hope the official site carries something and if anyone deserves an official tribute Ken does...

scholsey

Devastating news, thoughts are with col and the family! A great inspiration to all!! Rip

denzil

Thinking of all the Baker Family !!

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
R.I.P Ken.

Mark Tyler

Very sad news indeed. Ken was one of the loveliest people you could ever, ever meet.