• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay United vs Exeter City Match Day Thread ...

FAN-TATIC

I was sat in row one right in line with the incident and for me it was one of those occasions that left me thinking, I would want the penalty if it was my player who was fouled. i would question the refs decision if it was against my player, which to be fair is what happens most of the time.

In any event the ref does not have the benefit of action replays, he has to make a decision based on a split second action. I don't know but I would assume that his assistant referee also offered him advice. As it was the refs decision was instantaneous and he pointed to the spot right away. On this occasion I found it difficult in those circumstances to criticise his decision.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights
http://youtu.be/0-oTyXYr5xg

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
More comic genius from another of the moaners. Malcs telling me to move on. How long have you been stuck on the same records about things you haven't got a hope in hell of changing?
Sorry Ian, but there's always a chance of changing something that hasn't actually reached it's natural end...Unfortunately for you...this particular argument doesn't apply to your "non penalty"...

Well-known Exeweb poster
looks a bang on penalty from that angle and tbh it aint a great one so could well be wrong

And wtf !!!! post the gulls goal the ref was all of 5 yards away from hawley barging artur off his feet and DID NOTHING,shocking reffing.

with such weak control I'm surprised the game didnt get out of control, or did it?

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
or maybe it did, see that O'conner got away with grapling gow, i know he scored, but surely it still deserved some sort of action from the ref.

rp42

Ref was a bit of a homer IMO lots of things went against us that should not have,and that shove on Artur after there goal was worth a booking.

Red red

Credit to Gow on the third.
In premier league players would have gone down to get opposite player sent off.
Shows stay your feet and you may score.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Don't know why the penalty has to provoke an argument. All everyone can do is go by the view they had. I was standing near the edge of the box near to the scoreboard and thought it was a rash challenge and a pen. I saw the highlights from that viewpoint and that looked a pen as well.

Now, if those in the stand and on other side of the goal saw it differently then they can say what they saw. The ref was nearby so would have to assume that if others saw that sercombe got the ball and it still got given then it must have been a bad mistake by the ref.

Can't say I can get that bothered about it in any case, as hashim Amla failed to punish us.

wiveygrecian

Don't know why the penalty has to provoke an argument. All everyone can do is go by the view they had. I was standing near the edge of the box near to the scoreboard and thought it was a rash challenge and a pen. I saw the highlights from that viewpoint and that looked a pen as well.

Now, if those in the stand and on other side of the goal saw it differently then they can say what they saw. The ref was nearby so would have to assume that if others saw that sercombe got the ball and it still got given then it must have been a bad mistake by the ref.

Can't say I can get that bothered about it in any case, as hashim Amla failed to punish us.
I thought Hawley was Taj from Come fly with me!!!!!!!!!!!!

motorservices

I thought Hawley was Taj from Come fly with me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lmfao, i thought id seen him somewhere before