• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay United vs Exeter City Match Day Thread ...

rp42

think the torquay fan has decided he cant handle life on exeweb :)
His mum told him to get off the laptop I suspect:D

motorservices

His mum told him to get off the laptop I suspect:D
lol, he must be upset that we won 3-1

I think the result was pretty fair. It was a game of two halves but once you scored, possibly against the run of play, I never saw us getting back into it. The penalty was a clear one but why Hawley took it, I do not know. I did not feel confident about him scoring and his woeful penalty was easily saved by your keeper. Despite the fact you won, you didn't impress me as much as you did at Plainmoor last season. However, your goals today were great goals, even if individual errors were the cause - you took your chances, where us, even though I think we had the best player on the pitch in Bodin, never looked like we would score, so I was surprised when we did. For a while it looked like we might grab an unlikely draw and we almost did when O'Connor's hard and low cross ricocheted off your defender and just wide, when it so easily could have gone in. You played the counter-attack game well, perhaps like you tend to away based on on some of your results, so fair play to you today, as there was an inevitability about the 3rd, when we couldn't quite force an equaliser.

I knew really, from the moment we missed the penalty, that we would lose the game and with Alan Inept as our manager, we are in real trouble. I know there seem to be Exeter fans who dislike Tisdale but I would have him at Plainmoor in a shot. If you don't want him, we will gladly take him.

Last edited:

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the result was pretty fair. It was a game of two halves but once you scored, possibly against the run of play, I never saw us getting back into it. The penalty was a clear one but why Hawley took it, I do not know. I did not feel confident about him scoring and his woeful penalty was easily saved by your keeper. Despite the fact you won, you didn't impress me as much as you did at Plainmoor last season. However, your goals today were great goals, even if individual errors were the cause - you took your chances, where us, even though I think we had the best player on the pitch in Bodin, never looked like we would score, so I was surprised when we did. For a while it looked like we might grab an unlikely draw and we almost did when O'Connor's hard and low cross ricocheted off your defender and just wide, when it so easily could have gone in. You played the counter-attack game well, perhaps like you tend to away based on on some of your results, so fair play to you today, as there was an inevitability about the 3rd, when we couldn't quite force an equaliser.

I knew really, from the moment we missed the penalty, that we would lose the game and with Alan Inept as our manager, we are in real trouble. I know there seem to be Exeter fans who dislike Tisdale but I would have him at Plainmoor in a shot. If you don't want him, we will gladly take him.
Great honest appraisal, we took our chances, we are s***e at the moment, you may be worst! but I to be honest you stay up..

butch

It was good to see GRECIAN GREG and CITY CASUAL flags at Plainmoor today. Both of them are a credit to City and should be acknowledged in the supporter of the year votes. (y)

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

Now on the FLS at 1:08:09

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
What's the capacity at the morgue?
6,500 nowadays

Grecian_Jay

He came down the side of the player and won the ball, clean as a whistle. I'm usually quite happy to moan about a penalty but accept that it almost certainly was a foul but this decision got me properly riled up.
Hahahahaha get on Greasy! Saw the highlights last night and all that did was back-up your complete lack of football knowledge. It was a pen all day long. If was other way round you'd have been begging for it! Have a bit of credibility for once and be honest.

gui

Great victory from the lads yesterday and a big well done to the boys.
I have always said we have a good bunch of players at the club.
They need to PLAY ( like yesterday ) and do it in the right system.
Glad to see as well Davies on the bench ...
But it is only 1 game.
Need to be consistent and keep winning .
Cheers,

Last edited:

exeips

Another great away day yesterday and feel sorry for those who weren't there to witness it.

Probably an obvious statement but if Torquay had managed to score their penalty it might have been a very different story. They started better than us followed by Sercombe gave away a stupid penalty. If they'd scored that I think some of the Exeter fans would've started getting on the players back. Even after the penalty miss Torquay looked the more dangerous until Tom Nichols great strike. This season Tom seems to have changed from a boy into a man and put in a great display by chasing everything down.

After wheeler scored the super second we had our best spell and looked like it was only a matter of time before the 3rd would go in. Torquay only got back in the game when Sercombe failed to control a ball properly in midfield and was bundle off of it by a Torquay player, could've been a freekick but the ref played on, they then broke away to score and set the nerves going again. The 3rd came about from Grimes winning a great header in midfield, their defender failing to deal with it, leaving Gow through on goal. With their defender pulling him and just tapping his feet I thought he was going to go down for a penalty. Luckily he stayed on his feet and slotted it past the keeper. Which meant game over and time to celebrate another Derby win.

I thought Artur was fantastic along with Wheeler. The young lads Nichols, Grimes, Moore-Taylor were also excellent. Gow had a good game, not his best position on the wing but ideal in the hole behind the striker.

Sercombe wasn't great & can't understand why he starts instead of Grimes whose a better all round midfielder.

Butterfield had a poor first half but improved into the second half.

Parkin did ok in the second half but doesn't win enough balls in the air for me. Now that Reid looks like he's back to fitness maybe he'll start putting pressure on to be in the starting team instead of Parkin.

The two CB had a steady game, could Bennet have done better with the goal? Maybe being a bit harsh on him.

Also a mention for the atmosphere yesterday, I thought we made lots of noise which has been lacking in previous Derby away games. Torquay singing section had about 9 teenagers trying to sing songs. It's no wonder they usually bring in the Plymouth fans to help them create an atmosphere when we go down there!

Also what was the point of having our hands stamped on the way in? You showed your ticket when you went through the turnstiles, then once past that you had to show your ticket again to have your hand stamped! Anyone know the reason why?

With 2 home games on the trot the team now have to start putting in some attacking displays at home & to try and get us the fans back onside.