• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay United vs Exeter City Match Day Thread ...

Rog H K

Not happy. Should have been 4(smoke)

A Slacker

Cracking game of football and three fantastic goals but, as Sturtz has just said, Artur was the star.

Torquay bossed the first half and their movement off the ball was excellent. City defended well but relied upon Artur to make several outstanding saves. There was no argument over the penalty decision it was a blatant foul but Artur took responsibility and made a fantastic save. Nichols goal was pure class and against the run of play. In the first half we just couldn't keep the ball and were under a lot of pressure. Bodin looked a real threat although JMT did a fairly good job on him (he looked knackered!).

The second half was very different. We were the dominant side and started to be much more careful with the ball. We looked much more threatening and Wheeler's goal was simply brilliant. He had his best game for City and, as well as being a threat with his pace and control, is also so good in the air and was the focus of most of Artur's goal kicks. When Torquay got their goal back nerves were jangling and there was a sense of deja vue. However Gow scored an excellent third - he was clearly tugged back but instead of going to ground he carried on and "poked" the ball home.

So many plusses today:
Artur - has developed so much over the last couple of years. Was our MOM today.
Back 4 - impressive. Baldwin was the leader and ensured they worked well as a unit. Butterfield had an excellent game.
Midfield - despite the early loss of Gill, they all worked tirelessly. In the first half they couldn't keep the ball but were outstanding in the second half. Gow was incredibly unGow like. He kept possession really well, made good decisions and worked tirelessly for the team. Wheeler was awesome and seems to get better and better with each game.
Up Front - Nichols was tireless and worked the defenders so hard. Parkin was a bit of a lump in the first half but was much more effective in the second and used his strengths to get others involved in the game.

Really buzzing after this game. There is so much potential in this team and it is exciting to see this.

Chuckles

In a word, yep.
Agree. I can see Torquay being relegated and actually go out of existence. Major money problems combined with lost revenue on the gate is crippling them

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cracking game of football and three fantastic goals but, as Sturtz has just said, Artur was the star.

Torquay bossed the first half and their movement off the ball was excellent. City defended well but relied upon Artur to make several outstanding saves. There was no argument over the penalty decision it was a blatant foul but Artur took responsibility and made a fantastic save. Nichols goal was pure class and against the run of play. In the first half we just couldn't keep the ball and were under a lot of pressure. Bodin looked a real threat although JMT did a fairly good job on him (he looked knackered!).

The second half was very different. We were the dominant side and started to be much more careful with the ball. We looked much more threatening and Wheeler's goal was simply brilliant. He had his best game for City and, as well as being a threat with his pace and control, is also so good in the air and was the focus of most of Artur's goal kicks. When Torquay got their goal back nerves were jangling and there was a sense of deja vue. However Gow scored an excellent third - he was clearly tugged back but instead of going to ground he carried on and "poked" the ball home.

So many plusses today:
Artur - has developed so much over the last couple of years. Was our MOM today.
Back 4 - impressive. Baldwin was the leader and ensured they worked well as a unit. Butterfield had an excellent game.
Midfield - despite the early loss of Gill, they all worked tirelessly. In the first half they couldn't keep the ball but were outstanding in the second half. Gow was incredibly unGow like. He kept possession really well, made good decisions and worked tirelessly for the team. Wheeler was awesome and seems to get better and better with each game.
Up Front - Nichols was tireless and worked the defenders so hard. Parkin was a bit of a lump in the first half but was much more effective in the second and used his strengths to get others involved in the game.

Really buzzing after this game. There is so much potential in this team and it is exciting to see this.
I don't know where you were stood Slacker but it happened right in front of me and it never was a penalty.

motorservices

Very pleased, we played some very good football, the youth did there job very well indeed, hopefully we can carry this on and start picking up points at home :)

rp42

Defo a penalty stupid choice to try and tackle.

grecIAN Harris

No it wasn't. He won the ball.

From where I was it looked stonewall; no contact with the ball. To the person asking if Butterfield was better today, he was a million times the player he was on Boxing Day. Had an excellent game along with many others.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know where you were stood Slacker but it happened right in front of me and it never was a penalty.
Ditto, but looked pretty much stonewall to me; well inside the area and I'm pretty sure Sercombe didn't get the ball.

Just shows how often different people can see the same events differently. I'll be interested to see the TV (assuming it gets shown).

Anyway the ref said it was and that's all that counts.

Silver fox

I was bang on the penalty line and sorry to say poor challenge, was a pen but who cares he missed!