• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

6 a side footie?

TOP_CITY_FAN

Breaking News!

Manager Josh Denham has made a sensational statement saying that he is intending on folding the Exeweb team, due to lack of interest from the players. I have therefore spoken to players, and with the help of Luke Millan, I will take control of the team, starting from next season, to ensure the club survives. Flat_cap is still willing to play on, but unfortunately, Manc is moving to the Badgers, on a free transfer, after agreeing a pre-contract agreement, so will no longer be with us either. I have numerous targets in mind so will be getting hold of them over the next week or so. I shall be speaking to the rest of the team this week, to see who else is wanting to stay and who's wanting to leave.

Thanks, TCF.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Breaking News!

Manager Josh Denham has made a sensational statement saying that he is intending on folding the Exeweb team, due to lack of interest from the players. I have therefore spoken to players, and with the help of Luke Millan, I will take control of the team, starting from next season, to ensure the club survives. Flat_cap is still willing to play on, but unfortunately, Manc is moving to the Badgers, on a free transfer, after agreeing a pre-contract agreement, so will no longer be with us either. I have numerous targets in mind so will be getting hold of them over the next week or so. I shall be speaking to the rest of the team this week, to see who else is wanting to stay and who's wanting to leave.

Thanks, TCF.
This is a massive, massive lie. The season where you 'took control' of the team, was a f*cking joke because you couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery.

TOP_CITY_FAN

This is a massive, massive lie. The season where you 'took control' of the team, was a f*cking joke because you couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery.
Pretty sure we got promoted when I was in charge...

Joshyd123

Pretty sure we got promoted when I was in charge...
Pretty sure you're also thick as sh*t then.

grecian till i die

Well i bring in experience of control from sunday team lets just hope we can grt better team

Joshyd123

Well i bring in experience of control from sunday team lets just hope we can grt better team
If your Sunday team is anything to go by... a better team is a long way off.

grecian till i die

If your Sunday team is anything to go by... a better team is a long way off.
Yeah indeed however wenesday is an easier night sunday hardest league

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you're in need of players then I'll probably be able to play next season when I'm at Exeter College. :)

Joshyd123

Breaking News (how much?)

After dramatic showdown talks with the league organiser, Exeweb manager Josh Denham has performed a dramatic u-turn after a vote of confidence from the league top dogs and has confirmed and reiterated his interest in the continuing of AFC Exeweb during the 12/13 season.

Talks began on a damp squib with Denham becoming worried at the lack of interest in participation to play for Exeweb and the lack of dealings made so far during the transfer market, which led to a very wary next 10 minutes on the phone to the league Chairman.

After being given reassurances that the team would be able to see out the remainder of the season with surely enough players to fulfil the remaining fixtures, the Chairman then acknowledged the fact that Denham was concerned about the standard of refereeing and following the simple rules you'd expect in 6 a side competition. The Exeweb gaffer has on good authority that a new rule list will be sent out to all referees confirming the rules needed to follow, in order to make the games more enjoyable and played in the correct way, again, another positive in swaying Denham's mind to continue the hold on the Exeweb reigns for at least another season, due to the contract offer on the table from the powers above.

Denham then went to the press in the aftermath of the latest news to confirm, ''Yes, I know our players have all jumped ship following our poor season, some not even to a club on the up compared to the Exeweb potential, but we SHOULD be able to 'do a Darlington' and carry on through the tough times.''

In other news, Denham has dipped his toes into the transfer market again, looking for adequate replacements and has reportedly approached 'Bittners a Legend' on a 6 week loan deal after being bombed out by parent club Go Go Abedisi.

Last edited:

flat_cap

Even the thought of the once mighty Exeweb going anywhere near the same direction as your Sunday team makes me want to go and play on the m5.

As the current gaffer has previously stated, tcf couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery so on behalf of the current squad I would like to announce that we are all 100% behind the manager, Josh Denham, and totally committed to getting AFC Exeweb back to the heights that we once enjoyed.