• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Big Bank Bar

lmartin

Administrator
I expect if the club take it on it'll end up being the same bottles / prices as those from the Centre Spot Bottle Bar.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great idea and plenty of fans used the bar. BUT at £4 a bottle of unknown beer,
A captive market Reggie..Bound to be a winner..Punters will be daft enough to pay £5 a bottle i expect...

Sounds like its a great idea & will raise a few quid...There are a few around me in the Flybe who leave for Red Square at HT & generally do not come back(wise move for many games this season!)

grecian55

Agree with most things on here ie the expensive beer, but it was really good to be able to go out and have a drink (and a cig). Very civilised and there was no trouble despite the presence of the OB.
It's got my vote as long as they get some decent, realistically priced beer in.
Were you expecting a riot at half time ecfc girl ? ,trunchoens drawn and dispersal orders all round ? ;)

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
This bar is a part of a two game trial that has been granted to us by the police. After this period, the police will assess whether it is a 'goer' from a safety perspective. The club will also assess whether it is a money maker, and will then make a final decision based on this and the police advice.

It is true that the temporary bar that is in place at presence has been outsourced, so as to limit costs to the club. It is my understanding that should this be a 'goer', it will be ran 'in-house' and will be likely to be funded by the club & Trust.
This is a fantastic piece of news. All I ask Martin is, this two-game plan in terms of financial viability - please ensure the decision-makers note how cold it is at the moment, and pretty much double the takings or more on a nice summer's matchday

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is a fantastic piece of news. All I ask Martin is, this two-game plan in terms of financial viability - please ensure the decision-makers note how cold it is at the moment, and pretty much double the takings or more on a nice summer's matchday
Please bear in mind, football is played mainly during the colder months of the year.

I do however, applaud the idea.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Please bear in mind, football is played mainly during the colder months of the year.

I do however, applaud the idea.
Yeah but not this cold. In the late spring, early summer, and autumn for example it is unseasonably warm down these parts

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Well done to all involved in this excellent endeavour. How refreshing.

A word of caution though.

Bottles can be more problematical than plastic glasses.

If a bottle, in the hands of a *****, were to find its way onto the terraces, it could cause problems.
Plastic receptacles are less thrower friendly.

Well done to all involved in this excellent endeavour. How refreshing.

A word of caution though.

Bottles can be more problematical than plastic glasses.

If a bottle, in the hands of a *****, were to find its way onto the terraces, it could cause problems.
Plastic receptacles are less thrower friendly.
The bottles in question are poured into plastic cups before being handed over to said morons (and indeed non-morons).

lmartin

Administrator
I didn't actually buy mine, but I think they were pouring the contents of bottles into plastic glasses.

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
The bottles in question are poured into plastic cups before being handed over to said morons (and indeed non-morons).
Thank you for clarifying that Bertie.

It wasn't immediately obvious from prior postings.

In no way was I suggesting that we have any more than a handful of morons amongst our support, but it only takes one.....

So cheers for setting my mind at ease.