• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb Steering Committee Statement

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
You mean this Lez.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not there.

***Turns to the missus, "Pass the wine, Pumpkin."***
Ah.. I thought it was under Contact the Admins....

Fair Play

Tada

Fareham Grecian

I'm liking the new Exeweb. Abuse and insults are already much less prevalent - keep up the level of attention shown so far (particularly by Spanky) and we might yet get a civilised forum for discussion...

DJH2005

Moderators coming down very hard already.

Early doors bravdo to stamp your authority, or just plain OTT heavy handedness with somebody enjoying their new control panel?

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Moderators coming down very hard already.

Early doors bravdo to stamp your authority, or just plain OTT heavy handedness with somebody enjoying their new control panel?
To answer your question DJH, get used to it.

:)

DJH2005

To answer your question DJH, get used to it.

:)
Ooh, hard boy act.

**Gets excited**

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Have to say there seems to be a new found sense of fun of late. Long may it continue ...

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm liking the new Exeweb. Abuse and insults are already much less prevalent - keep up the level of attention shown so far (particularly by Spanky) and we might yet get a civilised forum for discussion...
Thing is, and this is just an observation, but there were comments made by mods past, present and future, about how exeweb may have been beyond repair.

Thing is, for the second time, that if it wasn't modded properly in the past, then yeah, that is what it may have become.

Anyway, long live the regime.

LOG

Log, banter base is... banter base. It's taken and given by all sides. Also, as you know, it does say not to venture there if easily offended.

As far as I'm aware, the people doing the name calling haven't been reported yet, and because it's banter base, it can stay unless it is reported. It's generally petty name calling, as you indicated. Personal abuse is a completely different thing.
You carry on, i thought that it didn't matter if the person who the abuse was aimed at didn't really care on the other forums, but let's not worry about consistency. Your fear was that if bad language was allowed, it would lead to abuse, but apparently we can do that on the BB?

Swanaldo

Let's not worry about consistency. Your fear was that if bad language was allowed, it would lead to abuse, but apparently we can do that on the BB?
If you'll allow me a footballing analogy here, LOG, there's a robust physicality allowed in, say, the SPL that would not be tolerated in the English leagues, and even less so in a Champions League match. Can we not allow the Exeweb 'refs' some latitude of context?

LOG

If you'll allow me a footballing analogy here, LOG, there's a robust physicality allowed in, say, the SPL that would not be tolerated in the English leagues, and even less so in a Champions League match. Can we not allow the Exeweb 'refs' some latitude of context?
Of course we can, but it still doesn't mean that i think it's right, same as your analogy.

I'm going to start a thread on the BB just for swearing, the frustration thread or something.