• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb Steering Committee Statement

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Oh, and Alistair, stop taking this thread off topic, or action will have to be taken. :)

May I suggest you start you own thread about the origins of Twonk and it's various meanings?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh, and Alistair, stop taking this thread off topic, or action will have to be taken. :)

May I suggest you start you own thread about the origins of Twonk and it's various meanings?
I have no more to say on the word Twonk. Besides, Lez offended before me. I shall not feel inclined to help you Mods in your onerous task in future.

Where do I report for my spanking ? :)

What about banned members? People like BarmyGrecian should be allowed back soon? he was banned years ago and continues to post under another name (not sure what though) maybe give those banned members one more chance and any nonsense whatsoever would get them banned again.

BG would like to post under his name and only wants to write his opinion on matches etc.

Regards
Not Barmy

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Banned users are banned users, Mr Person_From_Exeter.

Yesteryear's ghoulish fiends are consigned to the annuls of history, and there their infamy shall remain for perpetuity.

P.S. Does your signature indicate that you are not BarmyGrecian, or that you are not mad?

Banned users are banned users, Mr Person_From_Exeter.

Yesteryear's ghoulish fiends are consigned to the annuls of history, and there their infamy shall remain for perpetuity.

P.S. Does your signature indicate that you are not BarmyGrecian, or that you are not mad?
I am just making it known that I am not the one and only Barmygrecian. What are the appeals systems around here? I will have a word with Barmy and I think he wants to appeal. His ban was unjustified after constant bullying by argyle-ive who posted a picture of Barmy with no permission from Barmy yet did not get any punishment. Barmy reacted to the abuse he received , something he is sorry about. Barmy is no longer the immature little keyboard warrior he was.

IndoMike

I have no more to say on the word Twonk. Besides, Lez offended before me. I shall not feel inclined to help you Mods in your onerous task in future.

Where do I report for my spanking ? :)
I'd report to ECFC Girl, if I were you. Yummmmy !

LOG

Context is everything. Decide on that, moderate appropriately, move on and delete the inevitable half a dozen pages of hand wringing over why did such and such get banned for this or why did such and such a thread get deleted for that. It isn't a democracy round here, it's just a football forum and if the moderation is, IYO, too inconsistent or too severe then the obvious alternative is obvious.
I concur with this.

Perhaps have one of those threads like on Pasoti where only the mods can post to say why someone was banned? Should stop endless other threads about why was such and such banned.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I concur with this.

Perhaps have one of those threads like on Pasoti where only the mods can post to say why someone was banned? Should stop endless other threads about why was such and such banned.
Dont think it would make much difference.. if people saw they were banned they would start a thread saying it wasn't that bad or well done for banning such and such...etc etc.

I dont think it is there on Pasoti now anyway

Tada

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
You mean this Lez.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not there.

***Turns to the missus, "Pass the wine, Pumpkin."***

Alistair20000

Sad to see poor old Tracky on the banned list for racism and libellous posts. Shirley shome mishtake.

Another one banned for trolling from a school computer and being a City fan. You could not make it up.

So much for the Stasi regime of the Porkstain. Truly repulsive.