• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb Steering Committee Statement

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bloody hell, this place seems to have turned into a Secret Seven book overnight.

Which one's Timmy the dog? (or is that Famous Five?)

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
The latter, iirc ...

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
This has been tantamount to a military coup in a banana republic. A gang of seven has taken over undemocratically and is already starting to lay down the law. No announcement was made that Exeweb was being offered to the public, there was no discussion, and now we are forced to accept a "fait accompli". This is exactly how Nazi Germany started. I feel the long arm of censorship stretching out to snatch away any freedoms that we have. To the barricades : the counter revolution begins now!

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Spanky, sorry to ask yet another question, but i'm inquisitive, me.

Why should the Banter Base be any different? Good banter, not that there's much of it about, shouldn't need to resort to effing and blinding or calling Fat Dave fat.
Log, banter base is... banter base. It's taken and given by all sides. Also, as you know, it does say not to venture there if easily offended.

As far as I'm aware, the people doing the name calling haven't been reported yet, and because it's banter base, it can stay unless it is reported. It's generally petty name calling, as you indicated. Personal abuse is a completely different thing.

Alistair20000

This has been tantamount to a military coup in a banana republic. A gang of seven has taken over undemocratically and is already starting to lay down the law. No announcement was made that Exeweb was being offered to the public, there was no discussion, and now we are forced to accept a "fait accompli". This is exactly how Nazi Germany started. I feel the long arm of censorship stretching out to snatch away any freedoms that we have. To the barricades : the counter revolution begins now!
Basil Fawlty's take on the take over ?

Alistair20000

Log, banter base is... banter base. It's taken and given by all sides. Also, as you know, it does say not to venture there if easily offended.

As far as I'm aware, the people doing the name calling haven't been reported yet, and because it's banter base, it can stay unless it is reported. It's generally petty name calling, as you indicated. Personal abuse is a completely different thing.
Not a banter base query, but would describing ecfc01 as "divvy" be regarded as personal abuse under the new regime ?

downthetrack

ecfc01 , could take a fair bit of stick,he never reported any posts.

Alistair20000

ecfc01 , could take a fair bit of stick,he never reported any posts.
True enough Tracky.

However, Spanker has already made it clear that the fact that the one on the receiving end does not mind and happily takes it on the chin don't come into it.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Interesting question Alistair.

What do you think? I don't know how all of you lot take it, but I thought I affectionately nicknamed the likes of Monkey Nuts, Jayne and Divvy. I'm sure each and every one of those Exewebbers would tell you that we've exchanged PM's and there has never been any abuse or problems.

I'm waiting for mine. Shouldn't be long... :)

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
On that note, someone called ******** a Twonk recently. Whaddaya think I should do?

Democratic Exeweb 'n all that. :)