• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New year - new rant

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are you sure you want to make that statement? I reckon Joe Jordan saw enough before he got his fifth (so far).
Yeah, five agin Wycombe for a vastly superior side doesn't change anything, Rhodes is a decent enough player and my cat could score goals playing for Spurs, but he doesn't leap off the page at me, mind you, neither did Trotta really, they both score goals against dross and work hard, that is half the battle, but neither of them have that little spark you should be able able to see in our Jamie.

grecIAN Harris

Yeah, five agin Wycombe for a vastly superior side doesn't change anything, Rhodes is a decent enough player and my cat could score goals playing for Spurs, but he doesn't leap off the page at me, mind you, neither did Trotta really, they both score goals against dross and work hard, that is half the battle, but neither of them have that little spark you should be able able to see in our Jamie.
But then he'd be scoring goals for the top club in London as opposed to the third club in West London, and that is scoring goals as opposed to just working his arse off. Hard workers are a dime a dozen, goalscorers are like gold dust.

Mackster

But then he'd be scoring goals for the top club in London as opposed to the third club in West London, and that is scoring goals as opposed to just working his arse off. Hard workers are a dime a dozen, goalscorers are like gold dust.
I kinda agree with you Harris, Mackie & Rhodes are completely different animals, but both just as important to the team in their different ways.

I hear Rooney is being given the boot, what price Red-face taking Jamie to Old Trafford?

grecIAN Harris

27 goals in 23 games this season and 72 in 124 for Huddersfield tells it's own story. I'm pretty sure that's going to sparkle in anybody elses eyes apart from the sockets either side of ******** nose.

Poultice

27 goals in 23 games this season and 72 in 124 for Huddersfield tells it's own story. I'm pretty sure that's going to sparkle in anybody elses eyes apart from the sockets either side of ******** nose.
Deadwood scored, like, 200 goals in ten games in the Conference but could hardly manage a wet fart in the 4th div, I was right about Deadwood, I was right about Jamie Mackie, I will be right about Rhodes.

Mackster

Deadwood scored, like, 200 goals in ten games in the Conference but could hardly manage a wet fart in the 4th div, I was right about Deadwood, I was right about Jamie Mackie, I will be right about Rhodes.
.....but wrong about Akinde, wrong about Benson, wrong about about Rhodes

Poultice

.....but wrong about Akinde, wrong about Benson, wrong about about Rhodes
Whoa divvy boy, what did I ever say about Akinde or Benson ?

I called Benson as a very decent 4th div striker, which he is, and Akinde as a kid that showed promise, which he did, unfortunately he went off to Brizzle and got fubar.

Now Michael West.

Last edited:

Mackster

Whoa divvy boy, what did I ever say about Akinde or Benson ?
...yawn....wrong about Sean Canham

West will go to Charlton

Rhodes has obviously got something about him and, imo, is extremely likely to succeed ay a higher level. Unless he turns out to be Ted Macdougall.

Newtonpop

...yawn....wrong about Sean Canham

West will go to Charlton
Canham scored earlier for Bath against Braintree.