• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay v Slime matchday thread.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
And 3! Haha only 4000 there - how delightfully tinpot!
Att: 3,983

Truly pathetic, has to be the lowest Devon Derby attendance EVER.

Phil Sayers

Erm - I think you should rapidly qualify that with 'League' derby! :-#

col46upwood

Feck me the Greek attendance fetish freaks are out early

The 92nd Fish

Yeah the fact that Torbay is one of the most economically depressed places in the country during a period of economic retrenchment unheard of since the Great Depression has absolutely nothing to do with the poor numbers. Nor the fact that Exsh*tter has always been more of a derby for us than Plymouth or even the fact that one of our seating stands is totally out of comission. Yup none of this has anything to do with that number.

Say what you like about our crowds but unlike the other two shameful excuses for Devon clubs we always pay our bills and don't screw over the local community and steal other people's money.

Don't worry we'll sell out Plainmoor again when we play you guys next season after your inevitable relegation.

Last edited:

col46upwood

Yeah the fact that Torbay is one of the most economically depressed places in the country during a period of economic retrenchment unheard of since the Great Depression has absolutely nothing to do with the poor numbers. That combined with the fact that Exsh*tter has always been more of a derby for us than Plymouth.

Say what you like about our crowds but unlike the other two shameful excuses for Devon clubs we always pay our bills and don't screw over the local community and steal other people's money.
Game,set and match

Phil Sayers

Don't worry we'll sell out Plainmoor again when we play you guys next season after your inevitable relegation.
If you are to play us it will be in the league you can only manage a season in but I see you have already ruled out promotion. I have more faith in your side than you do.

Jersey Tone

Thank goodness for lottery winners eh, ^o)!!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Thankyou Gulls 9/1 with the bookies and a nice £50 in the pocket with that result

jmgull

Eunan O'Kane 1st goalscorer 10/1

Two hundred sheets, 3 points and the greens soundly beaten...

If Carlsberg did football days.....

Parry

Alot of the older generation and families with kids didn't fancy standing in the pop which undoubtedly affected the attendance. Nevertheless there was a good atmosphere other than the away fans. The argyle fans were more or less silent for the 90 mins.