• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

buckle vs tisdale compare and contrast

grecianred

dunno how well people have been following it but it looks increasingly likely lucky bucks is heading to rovers. he's made some none too helpful comments in the media lately along the lines of ' years is a long time at any club' etc, etc and seems to be orchestrating a way out of plainmoor.

must say without wishing for this to become a tisdale 'w*nkfest' his conduct in comparison is a total contrast. he was desperate for the col ewe job back along and now seems ready to jump ship right about when he looks likely to lead turkey back to league one. can't understand it meself i guess money is the prevailing factor...

http://www.bristolrovers.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=242485

bumble1976

Looking up optimistically...unless I get depressed
No comparison. End of.

Big Ted

I think we are quite lucky that Tis, already relatively well off, is not motivated by money.

As far as ability is concerned, I don't believe there is much between the two managers. If Buckle is indeed going to Rovers then I hope he is given time to change their course.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
dunno how well people have been following it but it looks increasingly likely lucky bucks is heading to rovers. he's made some none too helpful comments in the media lately along the lines of ' years is a long time at any club' etc, etc and seems to be orchestrating a way out of plainmoor.

must say without wishing for this to become a tisdale 'w*nkfest' his conduct in comparison is a total contrast. he was desperate for the col ewe job back along and now seems ready to jump ship right about when he looks likely to lead turkey back to league one. can't understand it meself i guess money is the prevailing factor...

http://www.bristolrovers.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=242485
Occasionally you have to take a step back to take a step forward. Rovers, without doubt, have bigger potential than our feathered freinds down the road. Buckle is shrewd enough to know that, should Torquay manage to get up, that next season is going to be a relegation battle for them all season, consequently his stock is going to reduce and his opportunities reduced. At the moment he looks good, promotion out of The Conference, FA Trophy finalists and the play offs this year even without promotion. The time is probably prime for him to move on now if the opportunities allow. A move to Rovers will be a bigger challenge and with better long term prospects for him.

scholsey

Tisdale....... a complete and utter legend! And a top bloke in generall!
Buckle...... a complete and utter wan*er, and a cheating bloke in generall.

Banksy

I must say that I think Paul Tisdale exudes an awful lot of integrity and honesty and players obviously want to come here because of him , witness Bauza's signing a few days ago. I've nothing against Buckle though , he's done Torquay proud on what must be , like Exeter's , a small budget and was a good servant to our club in the past. I can hardly blame him in this climate if he thinks he can improve his earnings a bit , and if Torquay get promotion he'll leave them a happy club anyway.

malcolms

Tisdale....... a complete and utter legend! And a top bloke in generall!
Buckle...... a complete and utter wan*er, and a cheating bloke in generall.
Only about 300 miles over the top........

Bucks is ambitious and he's made no secret of the fact. Clearly, Rovers represent a better long term possibility of realising those ambitions. It's a risk if it doesn't work out he may end up wishing he had stayed with the Chipnickers.

PT is a different character, very cautious in his life which may mean he makes few errors of judgement but probably also means he won't scale the hights that might have been available to him.

Two different people and two ways of looking at things. We'll know who was right in about 20 years..

Last edited:

Mark Wakeley

Sir Tis will one day manage a premiership club probally Southampton if they get there. Bucks will one day manage PAFC in L 1.

Grecian Max

Only about 300 miles over the top........

Bucks is ambitious and he's made no secret of the fact. Clearly, Rovers represent a better long term possibility of realising those ambitions. It's a risk if it doesn't work out he may end up wishing he had stayed with the Chipnickers.

PT is a different character, very cautious in his life which may mean he makes few errors of judgement but probably also means he won't scale the hights that might have been available to him.

Two different people and two ways of looking at things. We'll know who was right in about 20 years..
Haha Malcolm you are a funny man :D

Bucks has been with Torquay only a year less than Tisdale has been with us. I love how you use such a flimsy argument to male out that Buckle is mire ambitious than Tis. Fact is Rovers are of a similar size to themselves - Tis knows that we can just about reach the Championship, and I'm sure Bu jle has the same in mind for BRFC. The difference here would be that Torquay peaking at League 1 - with us Tisdale knows we can still take one more step...

Last edited:

Grecian Max

I'll also chuck in the mix that we are built for the long term, whereas Torquay are reliant on loans. They'll do a Hereford if they came up...