• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

5 Games unbeaten away from home - a record?

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Talking to some older (but not older at times) city fans last night, we think its a club record with our AWAY league run since Southampton

Brentford D
Swindon D
Notts C W
Charlton W !!
Carlisle D

Who would have guessed this when we were thrashed at St Marys?

Anyone know for certain?

Secondly had we won last night, we would have gone top of the away table ..

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/away.html

Talking Secondly had we won by 17 goals! last night, we would have gone top of the away table ..

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/away.html
corrected for accuracy

Incontinentia

Just 17 goals needed and we f*cked it up?

Sort it out Cheesethorpedale.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
20 points. That's 3 less than Plymouth's total points! :D

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
And if we had won; that would have been 3 doubles in a row.

RyaanECFC

very good indeed, however you can look back at games we should have won, brighton H, Southampton H etc etc.

thats alot of points and think were we would be now? play offs?

NDMBigBanker

Can't Dwell on what has gone on in the past this season, we just gotta look forward now and take as many points out of the remaining games, yeah we could of got some extra points against teams this season and partially would feel robbed of some in some cases. i think city are really going to flourish over the next few weeks. our last few fixtures are decent games and april 4 out of 6 home games with one being away to bristol. not a far travel at all so hopefully a grecian sellout. after last nights results the table didn't really change for us. so in that sense the draw was okay, had we got the win it would of been perfect, but like i said we can't dwell on whats gone on. i think play-offs is a little too optimistic this season. would be lovely to snatch that 6th spot. and its all down to the men on the ground to work hard to go for it. i think they're a good enough team to do so. but i think a fight for it may be too late now.

RyaanECFC

Can't Dwell on what has gone on in the past this season, we just gotta look forward now and take as many points out of the remaining games, yeah we could of got some extra points against teams this season and partially would feel robbed of some in some cases. i think city are really going to flourish over the next few weeks. our last few fixtures are decent games and april 4 out of 6 home games with one being away to bristol. not a far travel at all so hopefully a grecian sellout. after last nights results the table didn't really change for us. so in that sense the draw was okay, had we got the win it would of been perfect, but like i said we can't dwell on whats gone on. i think play-offs is a little too optimistic this season. would be lovely to snatch that 6th spot. and its all down to the men on the ground to work hard to go for it. i think they're a good enough team to do so. but i think a fight for it may be too late now.
well said mate, im hoping for a top 10 finish

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
4 unbeaten aways comes up occasionally, thrice when we were in League 2, here being one example.

Code:
Sept
Sat 27          A	Macclesfield 	W  	4-1  
October
Sat 11 		A	Bury 	        W  	1-0 
Tue 21 		A	Port Vale 	W  	3-1 
Sat 25 		A	Barnet 	        W  	1-0
The 3rd set included a win at Rotherham.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Conference 2006/2007 season, excluding any cup games

Code:
September
Sat 16 		A	Gravesend 	D  	2-2
Sat 30 	 	A	Southport 	W  	1-0 
October
Tue 3 	 	A	Grays Athletic 	D  	2-2
Sat 14 	 	A	Morecambe 	D  	2-2 
November