• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Snow for the weekend...Fingers crossed for Sheff Wed!

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Egg, why? It will be easier to clear snow off plastic than grass. As it is, the pitch and the layering of snow is, unless I'm wrong keeping the pitch soft. If we took the covers off and it went below freezing then there's a good chance the pitch could freeze. If someone knows more about it from an agricultural side then feel free to correct me.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Egg, why? It will be easier to clear snow off plastic than grass. As it is, the pitch and the layering of snow is, unless I'm wrong keeping the pitch soft. If we took the covers off and it went below freezing then there's a good chance the pitch could freeze. If someone knows more about it from an agricultural side then feel free to correct me.

Don't doubt it's easier to shift snow off plastic than grass but if we have three or four inches of snow between now and whenever we intend to take the covers off, I'd have thought that would leave us with an almost impossible amount of snow to move - aside from anything else, where would you put it?!

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Been quite heavy here in Tiverton and the forecast doesn't look much better tonight...

Roy Hodgson

So the match is still on?

dommers

What's all this fuss about a bit of snow. If the pitch is playable then the game should be played. There is a bit of snow in Ottery but certainly no more than I expected and it is supposed to stop from now onwards. Hopefully the surrounding area can be cleared and if a few people can't get in then I am afraid that is tough!

dommers

Been quite heavy here in Tiverton and the forecast doesn't look much better tonight...
The forecast tonight has nothing to do with it. The snow has now stopped and there is no more forecast so it will only improve from now onwards

rustle

Any news from the club about when a decision will be made? Nothing on the web site yet.

Roy Hodgson

Any news from the club about when a decision will be made? Nothing on the web site yet.
I should imagine that the key people are also struggling to get in to SJP. Patience!

Only one other L1 game still on, Dagenham v Peterborough

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
The forecast tonight has nothing to do with it. The snow has now stopped and there is no more forecast so it will only improve from now onwards
Maybe if you looked at the date I posted it you'd find it has a lot to do with the match :p