• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charity to Bristol Rovers ?

grecianite

Now, n saying this I'm assuming that we'd have veto on the Kick Off time for the JPT (on the basis that the gate receipts are shared an it is therefore effectively a joint venture).

If this is the case, why the hell did we agree to the 7.15 KO time?

There will be reduced Exeter Support (and less gate receipts for us)

The fans that do make it from Exeter will be up against the clock it to make it to the game in tme

And all this, so that a few junior gas can get into the game and for free (and boost the BR support)!!!

I think we've been conned!!!

Grecian1966

Now, n saying this I'm assuming that we'd have veto on the Kick Off time for the JPT (on the basis that the gate receipts are shared an it is therefore effectively a joint venture).

If this is the case, why the hell did we agree to the 7.15 KO time?
For the life of me i've still no idea why we agreed to a 7.15 k.o? As you said it would have benefited them in many ways but disadvantaged us by making it harder for our fans to get there. All this to get more kids in who aren't paying a bean anyway!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think we've been conned!!!
Is there possible extra time and penalties that would perhaps require extra time at this stage? If so, I suppose it makes sense, albeit more beneficial to Rovers fans.

Lister

The early kick off are common place in this competition. With no extra time it encourages fans to go as they'll get home at a more reasonable time.

grecianite

Is there possible extra time and penalties that would perhaps require extra time at this stage? If so, I suppose it makes sense, albeit more beneficial to Rovers fans.
Straight to Pens, if required.....

grecianite

The early kick off are common place in this competition. With no extra time it encourages fans to go as they'll get home at a more reasonable time.
Then why are league games not earlier?

PeteUSA

Straight to Pens, if required.....
Perhaps its considered the penalty shoot out process, plus the celebrating by the players etc after we've won is time consuming in itself. I dont know that they need to allow a whole 30 minutes though.

The Memorial is a long way from Temple Meads, so I 4-1 am grateful for the early kickoff as getting the last train to Reading/London would be impossible with penalties following a 7.45 ko.

Grecian1966

That's all very well if your'e local and able to get away from work early! Given most coaches leave Exeter around 4pm that makes it harder to get there in the first place!

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Then why are league games not earlier?
Perhaps they should be?......All league games were 7-30pm ko until the early 1990's.The only team that still ko's at 7-30pm these days is Chesterfield.

Last edited: